09

NOT EDITED OR PROOFREAD

"!!"

"!!"

"????!!!"

You were surprised at reo's question, but more so about the way he screamed it out loud for the whole world to hear. It was a scary and rare thing for him to shout.

"Why would you think that? of course we didn't! How did you even get to that conclusion?!" Your face heated up in embarrassment, suddenly feeling insecure.

"Mhm," Nagi agreed with you, though less embarrassed and more so oblivious.

"Well, you were gone for a few hours... and when you came back, you were with Nagi.. wearing his jacket. And your hair was a mess.. you said you needed help from Nagi and not me, but why would you need help from someone else and not your brother unless it's.. its.." Reo began rambling, his entire thought process now making a little more sense to you.

Amidst his explanations, your loud laughter cut through all. Now all eyes were on you as you tried to hide your face from the two, your brother, primarily.

"What's so funny? Stop laughing at me, I was really worried!!" This time it was reo who had an embarrassed blush on his face.

"you thought- that me, me and Nagi-" You choked out your words, finding them funnier the more you think about it.

Holding your stomach in pain, you were breathing heavily from all the laughter, wiping away the tears in your eye.

Nagi didn't share your interest, he couldn't care less about the situation at hand. All he wanted to do was sleep. But watching you practically roll around on the floor brought a small, minuscule smile to his face.

It was one of a kind.

You pouted, giving your best most convincing puppy dog eyes of all time.

"Come on, pleeaase? I'm sorry for making fun of you!" Clasping your hands together, you begged reo to stop ignoring you.

If he stopped talking to you, then who's gonna cook your favourite dinner? Carry your heavy bag home for you while you were happily scrolling on your phone?!

If that happened... then you'd need to get personal assistant that would follow you everywhere and do everything for you with precise accuracy—

— which, mind you, is very hard to find these days.

"tsk, i'm not ignoring you..." Reo mumbled, briefly making eye contact with you.

"Then why didn't you wait for me after school? And you left this morning without me! Plus you haven't picked up any of my calls." You we're just a teensy but worried about Reo's behaviour, just a little.

Was it something you did recently that upset him? But there wasn't a drastic change in your daily lives at all. And last time you checked, he wasn't one to ignore without reason.

Did you say something that could've hurt his feelings? Surely not, he's been avoiding you the entire day!

... then it must be Nagi..

"I get it!" Your eyes lit up as a sudden realisation dawned upon you, "you're upset that Nagi's spending more time with me and less time with you!"

Clearly you didn't think your words through.

"Hah? You think im jealous? Of course not, im just.. embarrassed... you know, to have assumed that the two of you uh.." Reo cleared his throat, the both of you understanding what he meant.

"It's not that I think so little of you or anything of the sort, I just jumped to conclusions without thinking. And I didn't want you to tease me about it.."

You always knew Reo would overthink at any possible occasion, you've dealt with it multiple times before. So was it really a surprise that he jumped to that conclusion?

Truth is, yes. It is one thing to assume stuff, but another completely to accuse your sister of sleeping with someone else.

Unbelievable. Reo should know better that that!

"Well it was a stupid question.. you always jump to the worst possible scenario in every situation." That was a personal attack on Reo.

"I can't help it!!"

You laughed at your brother's insistence. It was really that easy to get him to stop ignoring you.

...

...

what is this.. that you're seeing...?

"Reo... why are you spoon feeding Nagi..." You whispered lowly, watching the peculiar pair act as if it was a daily occurrence. (Which it shouldn't be because Nagi should be able to eat on his own?!)

"He's lazy sometimes, and besides, I don't mind."

This was one of the few times, if not the first time, that you decided to eat lunch with the two. Most of the time you were with your friends or busy elsewhere.

But this?

Spoon feeding?

"This is a whole nother level of weird.." You frowned in concern as they showed no sign of stopping.

"What's wrong with it?" Reo asked innocently, not understanding why you thought that way.

Shaking your head vigorously, you decided not to question their silly antics. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

— 21st August 2023 —
826