04

"Mhm, my parents are leaving tomorrow if you want to sleepover. But there's this new arcade which opened recently, wanna check it out?" Reo had an arms around his best friend as the two walked to their next class.

"Oh that one? I already went there." Nagi spoke, not once looking away from his game.

"Hah? It just opened a week ago... geez you sure are quick. Come over then, we can play games!" The shorter boy shook his head in disbelief.

"Only if you give me some money..." :x

"Deal!" Reo passed his friend a stack of cash like it was nothing. (It probably is nothing)

You glared at your reflection in the mirror. School air was really something else. Wetting your hands with water, you reached out to flatten the special strands that stood out like sore thumbs.

*bzzt*

Your phone vibrated on the counter as a new message popped up from your brother.

REO
Nagi's coming over after dinner,
we might have a sleepover.

Y/N
Oh sure, I'm staying back to
help out with the student
council. Probably around 7.

REO
Alright, i'll leave some food
for you in the kitchen.

You gave his message a like. Feeling satisfied with the way your hair was presenting itself now, you left the bathroom with a light spring to your steps.

— Nagi —

I was solely focused on my game, letting Reo pull or push me away from people whom i'd walk into if I wasn't careful. Although my mind was on the device in my hands, the small wave from Reo could be seen in my peripheral.

Glancing up, I looked towards the direction in which he just waved at. A second too late, for I only saw a flash of purple before the crowds of other students filled my sight.

But it's whatever I guess. Just another one of Reo's friends.

Most of my time in school was spent either sleeping, gaming or eating. It was a good thing to be seated all the way at the back, fewer eyes on you. But it's hard to completely hide from everyone's eyes.

Especially not when you're tall...

History was the only lesson I ever remotely bothered to pay attention to. It was interesting... to me. As much as I would love to be able to sit for hours and listen to history talk, there was something else distracting me. Having caught my attention a few times before.

Because once again, I saw the head of purple hair speed walking pass my class window with a stack of papers held close to her chest.

I'm pretty sure she was the one who slapped Isagi the other day, I think they broke up or had an argument. Not sure why they even bother, I would have just leave things to resolve on their own... too much of a hassle.

Reo's parents were as friendly as always I suppose, as friendly as they could possibly be (not a lot). Bowing my head at them slightly, I proceeded up the all too familiar stairs towards the bedroom door.

"Reo," Creaking the door open a crack, I let my presence be known before fully stepping in.

"Oh, Nagi i'm glad you came!" Signalling for the white haired man to move closer, Mikage Reo moved slightly so that his best friend could have a better view.

"mm it's alright I suppose..." I shrugged my shoulders, not really having an opinion on his powerpoint slideshow made for the student council.

Something about a school carnival, a few pictures and way too many words. I couldn't be bothered to read it...

Ba-Ya came in to serve me my lemon tea before leaving once again. Days with reo were never boring, even though all I did was laze around while playing video games.

Often times he would drag me to practice with him, It's a hassle but it's fine. If Reo asked enough, i'd eventually do it anyways.

"Reo, I saw you slap Isagi the other day." Yeah, that's right, I haven't asked him about that yet.

"That asshole? What, do you care about him?" He scoffed rolling his eyes.

Oh, that's weird.

I thought Reo and Isagi got along pretty well...

"Y'know Nagi, next time we see him you should really give him a good punch too."

— 9 April 2023 —

— 30 May 2023 —
729