07

Guys no Sae won't be like a love interest in this book. I know his appearance and introduction in this book was sudden but don't worry, it's just for plot convenience!!

But on a more important note does anyone else get terrible stomach aches for like hours at once🧍‍♀️I feel like i'm dying honestly.

You swung your legs back and forth, waiting anxiously by the field. After so many years, it was almost unrecognisable as the old grassland you used to visit daily.

Almost an hour had passed since you decided to sit on the stone wall, mindlessly hoping for something, someone. You knew the chances were low, but where's the harm in having some hope?

From a distance, you could see a group of kids playing tag around the playground. You remembered a time where that was you, running in circles while laughing at your brother who was whining at you to slow down.

But nowadays you barely have time for yourself. Your parents had intended for Reo to inherit and take after the family company. But seeing as he had his sights set on soccer, you had no choice but to accept the fact that you might have to step up.

You were never good with politics and stuff like that. No, that was reo's strong point. All the numbers and fancy words were a pain in the ass to remember.

"You got lucky this time," a folded piece of paper fell onto your lap. "Here's my new number, use it wisely."

Eyes lighting up as the realisation set in, you couldn't help the big smile that made its way on your face. You knew what he meant by 'use it wisely', itoshi sae has never hesitated in blocking you when you messaged him one too many times a day.

"Long time Sae, and this is how you greet me?" Hopping off the stone ledge you were sitting on, you dusted your clothes.

If memory served you right, his stupid little fringe seemed to be gone. But of course his most important features, the long underlashes, were still there.

"Hello."

Still as social as always!

"How was Spain?" You asked, trying to catch up on the years that you missed.

"Fine, now what did you need?" Sae was never one for small talk, it irritates him.

"Ah well just a question, what would you say to someone who was hyper fixated on football to stop playing?" Sae looked at you, pondering the question.

You must be talking about Reo, who else? But why would you want him to stop playing, weren't you his number one supporter? You've always been, so why the sudden change of mind.

Though your question irked Sae, he didn't care enough to ask.

"Make him realise that he's worthless. And tell him to just quit while he's ahead."

"Hm, I don't think that'll work... what advice would you give to someone who wanted to go pro but only started a few months ago?"

You knew those two questions contradict each other drastically but you had to ask. In all honesty, you were on your parents side. You didn't have it in you to believe in Reo's skills as a player.

Maybe if he wanted to go pro in basketball you'd have supported him. But soccer? To start at sixteen, one of the most important years of his life. There was no way he'd be able to juggle between being a professional player and the family company all at once. Especially not starting this late.

"Just quit, you'll never be a good player." Sae spoke without giving it much thought.

Throwing your school bag onto the sofa, you sprinted up to your room, ignoring the shouts of confusion from your brother.