03

You chewed on the gum in your mouth, kicking a rock that had found itself at your foot. Instead of going to find your brother you had decided to walk back home in order to calm your mind.

Your phone buzzed in your pocket as texts and calls from your brother simultaneously rang. Putting your phone on do not disturb, you dragged your feet up the small hill.

y/n
Don't wait for me, i'll
go home on my own.

REO
what, why?
where are you now?

y/n tell me where you are
i'll come pick you up

y/n where are you?
are you okay?
what happens with isagi?

please answer me y/n

— REO —

Stuffing my phone in my pocket I leaned my head back as the call went into voicemail once again.

I knew I shouldn't have let her come...

"Mr Mikage, is something wrong?" Ba-Ya stepped out of the car, waiting expectantly.

"No it's nothing let's go."

Sitting in the backseat, my eyes never once left the small dot on his screen . I had resorted to tracking her phone, seeing that she was indeed on her way back home.

Dinner was quiet, even my parents who would usually talk about business could sense that something was wrong. I would occasionally steal glances at Y/n but she would never return my gaze.

"So, how was practice today Reo?" mom asked.

"It's y'know the usual." Ah wait a minute, didn't y/n also say it was 'the usual' yesterday...?

"alright, what about you Y/n? How was your day?" Props to her for breaking the silence.

"...fine..." Her voice was quiet, you had to strain your ears to hear her reply.

The dining room fell into an uncomfortable silence once again, the only sounds were the clinking and clanking of utensils.

"I see, well your father and I will be leaving for a business trip in a few days. We'll be back in about two weeks max, so just be responsible okay?"

"of course."

"mhm..."

"..."

"..."

The silence was almost unbearable, this was probably the first time the entire family was quite for a meal. Clearing my throat to get everyone's attention, I decided that I could not stand the tension anymore. "I'm going to study now-" I was cut short by my sister.

"Me too." Y/n stood up up hurriedly before walking past me back to her room.

"hm what's wrong with her today? She's not usually like this..." Soon after she left, our parents went into deep gossip about what could have possibly happened.

I did as I said, study in my room. Although I was hardly able to focus on anything, not with the curiosity gnawing at my heart.