08

Not proofread or edited

"Are you cold?" Nagi glanced at your hands rubbing against each other to produce some heat.

"ah it's alright, im already a lot warmer thanks to you." You tugged at the jacket sleeves, hiding your hands in them.

"mhkay" Nagi muttered, pulling his hoodie over his head, feeling the sudden gust of wind that shook.

You kept glancing at Nagi every few steps, no particular reason, just.. wanted to look at him? The silence was only awkward to you, Nagi didn't feel any tension whatsoever.

He noticed the way your head tilted slightly towards him but chose not to comment on it. But then you kept doing it, again, and then again. As if you were expecting something to happen.

"um," Nagi decided to break the silence, staring down at you. "is your hand still cold?" He wasn't sure if that was the reason for you sneaking glances at him, but it was the only one he could think of.

Not that he had a solution even if you said yes. He just felt the need to ask, y'know? Like it was his responsibility to make sure you're comfortable.

You shook your head to say no, but the cold breeze said otherwise. Facing away from him, you sneezed into you elbow twice.

"sorry," you brought a hand up to rub your nose.

"..I can help." Nagi stopped walking, making you stop and turn to face him.

Putting a hand on your head, he used the other to rearrange your hair, making a makeshift scarf to wrap around your neck.

After making sure your hair looked like a bird nest, Nagi pulled the jacket closer to zip it up all the way, successfully covering your mouth and nose.

"..is this better?" he muttered, still looking down at you.

"eh- yeah! yeah, it's better. Thanks." You took a step back to create more distance between the two of you, only then realising how close you were.

Before the awkward silence could make it's home between you two, you began walking again, Nagi following shortly after you.

"Do you.. want to come in? I'm sure Reo wouldn't mind." Turning to look at the now shorter boy, you were standing on the small flight of marble stairs leading to the door.

"mmh sure." Nodding his head in agreement, he waited for you to open the door.

Greeted by the much warmer atmosphere, you sighed in contempt, no longer feeling the cold at the tips of your fingers.

Nagi closed the door behind you, huffing out a sigh as a small trail of haze left his lips.

"Uh.." you sweat dropped at the silence between the two of you, "i'll get reo-"

"Y/N! Where did yo—! Nagi? You're here too?" Pausing mid sentence, your brother quickly noticed his best friend standing behind you.

Nagi gave a lazy wave with his hand, before making his way over to the sofa and plopping down. Pulling down the zipper of his jacket, you passed it to one of the maids. The warmth of the house was now making you want to sweat.

"So where'd you go—! What happened to your hair?!" Caught off guard and having to pause mid sentence again, rei gave your messy hair an incredulous look.

Reaching his hand forward, reo picked up a strand of your hair, a few others tangled together moving along. Now this was a first. Sure he'd seen your bed hair multiple times but this? It's like, like a bird nest!

At far as Reo knew, you cared a lot about your appearance, so he couldn't imagine what you must've been through for your hair to end up the way it did.

"Oh yeah.. i'll sort it out later." Gently slapping his hand away to make sure he didn't tangle it further, you kicked off your shoes, dropping your bag on the couch next to Nagi.

"Wait wait wait wait, wait. Do you know what time it is? It's almost two in the morning! And where did you even go for so long? Plus why is Nagi with yo—!" A loud gasp escaped his throat, a look of absolute horror and realisation struck him.

"Y/n... you.. you..." Reo raised a finger to point at you.

You tilted your head to the side in utter confusion. What was he trying to say? And why did he look so terrified?

"Don't tell me you and Nagi were together..!" Reo was already dreading the worse.

In times like this where you were considered, he often found himself overthinking and jumping to the worst case scenarios.

"Well what's wrong with that? I just needed his help with... something." You left out the part where you asked him for exam answers, you knew your brother would never accept that.

But your lack of information and poorly constructed sentences only left Reo even more speechless and afraid.

"And you couldn't ask me for help?"

"huh!? of course not! why would I ask you for help.. for that? You'd never agree!" Retaliating without thinking, your annoyed face slowly morphed into a slightly worried one.

"what..? why do you look so weird?" It's like a mixture of fear and disbelief was plastered all across your brother's face.

Turning his head towards Nagi, he was met with grey eyes staring right back at him. Nagi, you, Nagi, you. His eyes darted from one to the other, fearing the worst.

"It can't be... Nagi! Did you and- did you do anything- What I mean is, You and y/n... you guys... you.." Reo kept repeating the same words, unable to ask the question that had been haunting his mind.

"Did we what?" You asked, approaching your brother in concern for his current state.

"Yeah... what's wrong Reo?" Nagi sat up straighter, showing his interest in the conversation.

The whole room was silent for a few minutes, both you and Nagi were looking at a distressed Reo who kept mumbling to himself.

"no.. no, this can't be.." As dramatic as it may sound, reo was holding back tears at the thought.

A beat of silence before reo raised his head up, a new determined look on his face. Mustering up his courage and pushing down his anxiety, Reo was ready to face it. The ultimate answer...

"Did the two of you have sex with each other?"

— 6th August 2023 —
1065