18

Winter's POV

I wake up feeling deliciously sore all over and I can't stop the involuntary smile on my face.

It's not like I haven't had good sex before, Matteo was great at it, sex with Axel is just.....different? Yes, different.

That's the best word I can use so I don't feel guilty about how much I liked it.

I turn around and see the subject of my thoughts sleeping peacefully next to me.

Damn, he really is beautiful to look at.

Yeah, enjoy it while you can. For all we know, the next person you have sex with could be a butch lesbian called Beast, who wants you to be her bottom bitch in prison.

And there goes my good mood.

Seriously Winter, a student? You could have fucked any other person. You could have even fucked fucking Mr O'brien, with his lame ass.

Okay, it is way too early to be getting verbal lashings from my subconscious and I am way too happy to let it spoil my morning.

I get up and get out of bed, heading straight for my bathroom. I pee, wash my hands then brush my teeth before leaving the bathroom.

Feeling hungry and in desperate need of a distraction, I leave my bedroom and go down the hall, past the living room and into the kitchen.

It's been forever since I've had time to just relax without having any prior engagements, even on weekends, so I decide to take my time and make myself and my currently sleeping guest a French breakfast.

I'm making breakfast pizza baguettes, some strawberry croissants, omelettes and pain perdu which is just french toast. I put on some music on low and get to work.

I'd just put the croissants in the oven and started on the pain perdu when I feel arms wrap around my waist.

"Didn't think you were the type to make a guy breakfast in bed. " Axel's gruff morning voice sends a shiver through me but I quickly bat him away.

"It's called being hospitable. " I say as I start dipping the bread in the egg mix. "Now, if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you made yourself scarce. I don't like distractions while I'm handling food. "

"So I'm a distraction? " He asks, sounding very pleased with himself. A quick glance at him leaning against my counter shows that he is indeed proud of that fact, if the smug look on his face is anything to go by.

"Yes, now please leave my kitchen so I can concentrate. " I say, dismissing him and focusing on my food once more.

I know I'm being a bit mean and while I do like being left alone while I cook, that's not the only read why I'm pushing him away.

That part of my mind that's been berating me since I woke up is back, and it's making me feel so disgusted with myself. Seeing him just reminds me of what I've done.

"Winter. " He calls to me and I give him a small hum to show I heard him, but not looking up at him. "You didn't do anything wrong. "

My head springs up at his statement and our gazes clash.

How did he know I was thinking that?

"I'm eighteen Winter, a legal adult. And you're only going to be my teacher for this semester. " He says, walking up to me, keeping me cornered against the counter. "I was the one who came after you and kept persisting even though you tried to deter me. "

"But I'm still your teacher and I should have tried harder to stop this. " I say, my guilt eating at me.

He just stares at me after I say that, not saying anything and leaving me wondering what he's thinking right now.

"Let's go out. " That was definitely not what I expected him to say.

"Huh? "

"This is depressing as fuck and if we stay here any longer, I'm scared you're going to overthink yourself into a panic attack or something. " He's probably not wrong.

"But I'm making breakfast. " Is the lame excuse I come up with.

"Fine, we'll have breakfast then we'll shower and go. And no more feeling guilty for the rest of the day. " Hmm, who died and made him boss?

But, a day out does sound fun. I haven't actually had a chance to explore L.A. in while. Plus, I don't want to stay at home and wallow in misery.

"Alright fine. But you go shower while I finish making breakfast. There's towels in hall closet and spare toothbrushes in the sink cabinet. " I tell him and he gives a nod in response before walking out of the kitchen and out the front door.

He returns a minute later with a duffle in hand and walks back to my room.

Sneaky bastard planned to stay the night.

I'm done cooking by the time he's done and we eat our breakfast in peaceful silence. I go take a shower afterwards and get ready.

I get dressed in some high-waisted powder blue jean shorts, a black tank top tucked in, a white and black checkered long-sleeved shirt and tan strappy sandals.

I leave my bedroom and go back out to the kitchen where I left Axel and see that he's cleared off the counter top and done the dishes in the time that I've been getting ready.

"You didn't need to clean up. " I say to him, startling him slightly from his concentration on his phone. "You're a guest in my house, you shouldn't be cleaning up after me. "

"Nah, you cooked, it's only right I cleaned. " He simply says, standing up and walking towards me. He plants a kiss on my cheek before asking me if ready to go.

I grab my purse and double check to ensure I have everything that I need before we proceed to leave the house.

We get in his car and he pulls out of my driveway. "So, where exactly are we going? " I ask him once we're on the freeway.

"Well, today's my cheat day and I've been eying this new desert spot that just opened up downtown. " He says with a happy look on his face. "Cookie Crumble is the name, and I thought we could start our day off with something chocolate filled or covered. "

"Hmm, who'd have thought that underneath the piercings and tattoos, you have a sweet tooth. " I state more than ask.

"Well, I ate you didn't I? " The look he shoots me while saying that was enough to have me seating straight up and clamping my legs close.

Babes looks fucking ravenous.

"Oh look, it's a palm-tree. " I say, picking the most generic thing to break the tension in the car.

The sound of him chuckling has me turning my attention back on him. And what a sight he is to behold.

Damn, can't believe this work of art is actually real. God really does have his favourites.

"Wow, a palm-tree in L.A., how shocking. " He says sarcastically with a playful eye roll. "Who'd have thought the Ice Queen was so shy? "

"Ice Queen? "

"Yea, Ice Queen. " He gives no further explanation and we spend the rest of the car ride teasing each other back and forth.