I chuckle shaking my head at them. I turn my head to Jennie unnie. "What do you want to eat? I can get them for you."

"Let's go together." She stands up waiting for me.

I follow suit and I hear Jisoo unnie and Rosie go. "Aww. You two are cute."

I just laugh at them. Do they know something I don't? Either way, they are being goofy today.

***

I am now in front of the Eiffel tower watching the fireworks with Fred and some of the Arnault family. Fred's family treat me like I'm one of them and I'm very grateful for it. Everytime I'm in Paris they always ask me if I got time to have dinner with them. They don't even need Fred to ask me because they texts me directly now.

Breaking up was a blessing in disguise. Now he's my best friend who I can call family.

Watching the fireworks, I think about Jennie unnie and what last night means for the both of us now.

Don't get me wrong, I've waited forever for her to say that she likes me too but on the other hand she just ended a two year relationship. I don't think she's ready to be in another one right now.

"What are you thinking?" Fred asks disrupting my thoughts. I couldn't answer right away. "Is it Jennie?"

My head snaps to his direction. My eyes bulged, thinking he could actually hear my thoughts. "How?"

"We kind of talked that night." He answers.

"So that's how she got inside my room that night."

"Nope. We talked in the hallway when I was about to go home."

"Then how? Never mind that's not important. What did you talk about?" I ask him.

He smiles. "We didn't really talk that much. She just glared at me when she saw me come out of your room in the midlle of the night." Now he's full on laughing.

Was she jealous when he saw him coming out of my room? Thankfully his laughter was partially covered by the fireworks that the others couldn't hear him.

"Shut up." I say shushing him. His laughter got some of the Arnault's attention so I put my hand on his mouth in an attempt to shut him up. "We'll talk about this later." I release him from my hold as his laughter died out.

We didn't get a chance to talk. After the fireworks we all had dinner together there was no time to talk privately and he had to rush off to the airport after.

Now in the car heading back to the hotel. I think back on the days after I told unnie how I felt about her. I was miserable but as time went by it got better. I was okay without her, for the most part.

***

-Jennie-

I'm already in bed trying to sleep when I hear my phone ring. When I saw the caller ID it made my heart jump. "Hello?" I answer smiling.

"Hey unnie. Did I wake you up?" She asks.

"No. Couldn't sleep actually."

"Hmm. Maybe.." She pauses mid sentence. "Maybe I could help with your problem."

"What do you mea-" I couldn't finish what I was saying as I hear a knock on the door. "Are you.."

"Can I come in unnie?" She says softly through the phone.

I drop my phone on the bed and quickly got up rushing to the door. I see Lisa still in the outfit she went out today. Did she head straight here when she arrived?

I couldn't speak. She just laughs at me frozen, holding the door open for her. She took matters in her hand. When she stepped inside, she pries my hand from the handle to close the door and dragged me inside making me sit on the bed.

"Can I borrow some clothes to sleep in?" She asks.

Still couldn't speak I just nod my head.

"Thanks." She grabs some clothes in my luggage and went straight to the bathroom to change.

This woman would be the death of me. She makes my heart so full that it may explode. I should be the one making efforts to mend things between us but here she is, surprising me again.

Tonight, I make a promise to myself. One day, I will make her the happiest girl in the world.

-end-

***

She's still in the position I left her when I get out of the bathroom. I shake my head at her smiling. "Come on unnie, let's go to sleep. We have a busy day tomorrow." I help her lay down on the bed and cover her with the duvet.

She's watching me as I walk to the ither side of the bed. "You know, you still haven't said a word since you opened the door." I chuckle as I pull the duvet on top of me.

"I just don't have the words to describe what I'm feeling right now." She says. Laying on her side to face me.

I follow suit. I lift my hand to tuck some stray hair behind her ear. "Good feelings I hope."

She closes her eyes when I cup her cheek. She nods. "It always is, when I'm with you."

After saying it, she moves closer and I know immediately what she wants. I open my arms and welcome her body heat as she snuggles closer to me. Her head on my shoulder and an arm wrapped around me.

As I listen to her breathing going deeper and deeper. I remember what I decided on my way here.

Maybe I’m all right without Jennie unnie, and maybe it’s good to know I don’t need her,

But maybe it’s also true that I still want her with everything I have.

Note: Congratulations to our girls for their two sold out shows in MetLife stadium! 🎉🎉🎉

Long chapter for you guys! 60k+ reads now, thank you!