Chapter 29 - I won't

It was almost midnight when I arrived at our hotel in Paris and the first thing I wanted to do was to see Lisa but on the other hand if she's already asleep I didn't want to wake her up. So I go to plan B.

Hoping that she's still awake I knock on her door. Relieved at hearing her footsteps I step back a little from the door.

"Jennie?" Surprise clear in her voice.

"Hi Alice, sorry to disturb you like this in the middle of the night but can we talk for a minute?" I ask.

Seeing no other choice, she opens the door wider for me to enter. "Come in." She leads me to the small couch. "Please." Pointing at it, telling me to take a seat.

"What do you want to talk about?" She asks while grabbing a chair for herself.

I wait for her to get settled before answering. "It's about Lisa."

I see her expression change from welcoming to serious immediately. "If you're here to ask me about the video then I'm sorry to disappoint you but I can't answer that for you."

"Can't or won't?" I retort back.

"Doesn't matter because it's not my story to tell." She says crossing her arms.

A little ticked off, I take a breath to calm myself. "Look, I'm sorry. That's not why I came here to talk about." I honestly admire her loyalty to Lisa and people like her are who the 4 of us really need in this line of work. People we can trust and luckily we each found them. Alice for Lisa, Alison for me, Becky for Jisoo unnie and Jane for Rosie.

"Me and Taehyung oppa broke up." I tell her.

Shock plastered on her face. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I want your help." I confess. "I know I've put her through a lot these last few months and I want to fix it."

"Why do you want my help when you could easily just go straight to her?"

"You're important to her just like Alison is for me. Your opinions matter to her and I want you to know that this time you can trust me." I look her straight in the eyes. "I love her."

"Took you long enough." She says.

On my way here, I imagined a lot of scenarios of how this conversation would go. This one was not one of it.

Seeing my surprise. "Not that I knew you had feelings for her. It's more like 'finally, you see her'." She explains.

I look down in shame hearing those words. The night I talked to my mom all of my memories with Lisa keeps flooding my mind. I remember all the times she has taken care of me, the genuine happiness I've seen in her eyes every time I was happy, the looks she gives me when she thinks I don't notice her and so much more.

She's right. It took all this time for me to see it, see her like how she saw me all those years ago.

We were silent for a while. She speaks first. "So, what do you need?"

I raise my head and look at her. I don't know why she's still willing to help me but I will be eternally grateful for it.

"I just want to see her. Can I borrow her spare key card?" I ask.

She doesn't answer but she stands up to grab it from her desk and hands it to me.

As she stands in front of me she asks. "Hypothetically, if the rumors going around about Lisa and Fred is true. What will you do?"

I've thought about this since the video was released. If they really are together there was only one thing I could think of. "Then, it will be my turn to wait for her this time." I say solemnly.

***

As I got off the elevator I started to feel nervous. I don't know if I want her to be awake or to be asleep at this moment. My palms are getting clammy as I get closer to her door. Why am I nervous? It's just Lisa.

Because one way or another I am going to make her talk to me before I step out of her room. And I'm scared. Scared that she had moved on.

I was about to tap the key card but before I could, the door opens and it was the person who I don't like at this moment.

Upon seeing me, he quickly looks back inside the room. When he faces me again he puts his index finger on his lips telling me to keep quiet as he closes the door carefully.

"Jennie. It's nice seeing you again." He greets.

"Frederic." I nod at him. He chuckles. Why is he laughing right now? I raise my eyebrows at him in question.

"You should really learn how to hide your emotions. If looks could kill, I would be dead by now." He laughs. "Seeing you angry and jealous about seeing me come out of her room in the middle of the night acting like you have a claim on her. I can't wait to tell Lisa about this"

I quickly mask my expression. That was rude of me. "I'm sorry." I quickly apologize.

He shakes his head, slowly calming down from his laugh. "Lisa said you don't feel the same as her. That must've changed seeing at how you're looking at me right now." He smiles.

Seeing him interact with me so casually knowing I like Lisa. Not one ounce of jealousy seen on his face or heard in his voice. That must mean...

"So the two of you..?" I don't finish my question but he knows what I mean.

"You should ask her." He answers. "Lisa's already sleeping." Pointing back at the door.

I show him the key card. "Plan b." I say smiling.

Impressed, he claps his hands softly. "Alright. I'll leave you to it then. Goodnight Jennie." He says walking away.

"Goodnight." I say.

"Jennie." He calls back. I turn my head to him. "Don't hurt her okay?"

"I won't." I say sincerely.

***

I tiptoe quietly through the room. And there she was wrapped in the duvet sleeping peacefully on the bed.

I walk closer feeling my heart beat faster with every step. I grabbed a nearby chair and sat beside the bed just watching her sleep and breathe.

I must've dozed off.

The first thing I see as I open my eyes is Lisa's face so close to mine.

Note: Congratulations to the new couple! 🎉🎉🎉

Jisoo * Bohyun.

I have only used Jung Haein's name here once. Should I change it to Bohyun? Please let me know.

And thank you for the 50k reads I really appreciate it. The story reached no. 1 on the blackpink hashtag for 24 hours. Thank you!

Short chapter? Don't worry there will be another tomorrow ☺️