Chapter 20 - Quokkas

Today, I'm on my way to go see the quokkas. Thank god I did because after what happened last night I just want to forget all of it. Even if it's just for a day. Being here, feeling free is what I needed. Free from my problems.

The tour will take half a day. The travel time took most of it and for the rest, I followed the quokkas. Taking pictures and videos as much as I can.

By the end of the tour, waiting for the plane to be ready I turn to Alice and Wonjae oppa. "I'll be there." Pointing at a bench. They nod.

The bench has a great view of the sea and mountains. Breathing in the fresh air I close my eyes.

I imagine a different life than I have now. Since I like animals, imagine myself as a veterinarian. Having a clinic in the suburbs of Thailand treating all kinds of animals. Dogs, cats, cows, horses, elephants, you name it. Sometimes the zoo calls and asks for my help.

Picturing this in my head puts a smile on my face. A different life like this would be an amazing life to have but if someone asks if I want this life more than what I have now, my answer would be no.

My life right now is a mess, yes, but i wouldn't change it for the world. Being in BLACKPINK made me the person I am today and I am proud of it.

And it brought the girls to me. My family.

Jennie unnies face pops up in my head. I quickly open my eyes to block out the image but it's too late. Memories of last night floods me.

Her lips, her body, pressed on mine. Even in memory, it still gives me goosebumps all over my body.

It quickly disappears as I remember the aftermath of the kiss. All of the feelings I felt last night came back. The spark of hope that I felt for a moment, gone. Anger came next. And finally, crestfallen that she will never love me the way I love her..

This time, it's really over. I scoff at myself. Over? We didn't even start anything.

And there never will be.

***

The next day I'm late for breakfast, by the time I get to the dining hall the three of them had already started eating. We try to have breakfast together as much as we can when we're on tour because this is the only free time that syncs up besides our days off which we mostly spend individually now.

Rosie sees me entering and waves. I smile at her and point to the breakfast bar indicating I'll get food first. She nods.

Holding my plate I head to our table. Unfortunately, the vacant seat is beside Jennie unnie.

"Good morning everyone." I greet them as I take my seat.

"Morning." They all replied.

"So, how was your tour?" Rosie asks as she sips her coffee.

"It was good. Long travel but worth it. Do you guys want to see some pictures?" I ask excitedly.

I only see Jisoo unnie and Rosie nod their heads as they are in front of me so I pass them my phone. I eat as they look at my phone. Smiling at hearing them squeal at the photos of the quokkas I took. After their turn they gave my phone to Jennie unnie.

As she was scrolling through the pictures, my phone rings. Bogum oppa's name pops on the screen. She freezes seeing it so I had to reach out and grab it from her hands. "Sorry, I'll let you see it after this."

"No, it's okay."

I answer my phone. "Oppa." I smile, carefully sliding out my chair. I cover the mic. "Excuse me, I'll be right back."

"Happy bithday!" I say to oppa as I walk away from the table.

-Jennie-

I watch her walk away as she talks to him on the phone. I kept staring even when she wasn't in my sight anymore that I miss unnie calling me the first time.

"Jennie-ya." Getting no response. "Yah! Kim Jennie." This gets my attention I turn my head to see both unnie and Rosie looking at me.

Feeling embarrassed I avoid eye contact.

"Did you both get into an argument again?" Unnie asks.

"What? Of course not." I denied.

"You so did." Rosie says. "It's so obvious by looking at your face. What happened?"

Sometimes, I'm such a bad liar.

"For the past month all you two did was fight, make up and then fight again." Unnie says with a hint of scolding.

It's true and I know it's all my fault. "I'm sorry unnie."

"Fix it before it gets worse unnie." Rosie says. My head snaps at her tone, like she knows something I don't.

"I'm afraid this time, it's out of my hands. She hates me now." I look down as I push around the food on my plate.

"What do mean by that?" Jisoo unnie asks.

I was about to tell them what happened but i see Lisa coming back to our table. With a happy look on her face.

Knowing I wasn't the one who put a smile on her beautiful face made my blood boil.

My face must have shown what I was feeling as I see unnie's face change from serious to curious. Raising an eyebrow questionally at me.

I mouth later to her. She nods, understanding.

-end-

"Wow, you texted me to call you so you can wish me a happy bithday?"

"Yup!" I answer with a pop. "I didn't want to wake you up if I called in case you were still sleeping."

"Well, thank you. I was indeed still asleep when you texted." We both laugh.

"What present do you want oppa?" I ask. "I can buy you something since shopping is on my agenda today."

"You don't have to buy me anything but.." he pauses. "I do have a wish." He says.

"What is it?" I ask curiously.

It took him a few seconds to answer. "Okay." He says. I hear nervousness in his voice. Now I'm intrigued. "You don't have to say yes to what I'm about to ask you just because it's my birthday okay?"

He waits for my reply. I smile as I answer. "Okay, okay. I won't."

"I bought tickets for the Bruno Mars concert, would you like to join me?" He asks. "I know it might create some news when we're seen together so I'd understand if you say no."

I, for one, don't care about some news of me being seen with him in public. So, it's an easy decision.

"I would love to go with you oppa."

Note: I'm debating whether one of Jisoo or Rosie be in a relationship. So I want to ask you guys who would you want to be in a relationship and with who?

In my opnion:

Jisoo and Jung Hae In
Rosie and Cha Eun Woo (saw some tiktok videos of coahella) 😂