39

Alvin's pov:

Oh god, this is not getting anywhere. I run both hands on my face before my right hand massages the back of my neck. I lean back on the couch and close my eyes.

"Boss...she just woke up." Luke's voice seems to be saving me from sinking any deeper.

"How was she?" I ask without even looking at Luke. My hand travels to the bridge of my nose, trying to soothe the headache.

"Miss Hayes seems alright boss. She was on her way down when Ashley led her downstairs." Luke elaborate. It makes me fall into silence.

Did she sleep well? She didn't get nightmares again after I left her alone? I hope she did not. After she begged for another kiss last night, Alexi fell asleep as she waited for my delayed response. She can sleep after that? Such an unpredictable woman.

I was watching her asleep when her sleep was disturbed. It starts with her quickened breath, her uneasy expressions until she starts to be unable to breathe as if someone is choking her.

"No,no please. Let me go please. Please, please." I still remember what Alexi was mumbling in her sleep.

What happened to her? Was she in danger? Or is it just her nightmares? I try to figure out the excuses, but still my head is thinking about any possibilities of what that could be.

I was still wondering what's possibly did happen to her, when I tried to sooth her from the afraid whimper every time she move. My palm slowly fall onto her shoulder to caress and give the sense of safety. I really hope she felt it. But still Alexi deep in her nightmares.

Just then I thought the last resort was I gently pull her close to me, my arm around her and brought her into my embrace. Her head rest on my chest, and I can feel her soft hair under my chin and her hot breath on my neck. Believe me, I had to pull myself together when my heart beats raised.

She was shaking when I hold her. Feel like something sharp stab my heart deep. She looks like she has been hurt before. And she's hurting now. Unfortunately I don't know why. My hands trailed up from her bare back, shoulder, neck, then her face before ended with me stroked her hair. Casually and softly. There I was hoping she feels save with me.

What's hurting her, how much did she hurt and if she still hasn't overcome it yet? This is all the things that I know I'm not supposed to know, it's not my place to. But, I hate that I don't even know a tiny bit of it.

"Because...I know you hate me."

A sigh escaped my mouth. Her distant voice stuck in my head.

"I do...I like you. I like you from the first time I meet you. At the hallway. When you come to help me. You remember? My heart has never been that crazy..."

Her confession rings in my ears again.

"I promise...I will tell you when the time comes. When you no longer hate me. You don't have to like or love me back, I won't ask for it. Just...don't hate me like you hate me now. Then...I will tell you, Alvi"

When will that be? Will it ever happen?

"I will never know then..." I muttering to myself.

"Boss? You said something?" Luke asked thinking I was talking to him. I turn away as I shake my head. He is still waiting for my command.

"Just. Take her home safely, Luke."

"Yes Boss, I am on it. You should take a rest and try to sleep boss..." Luke answered while adding advice to me. I looked at him because I thought I heard him wrong. Maybe my ears fail me. But it did not since I see Luke lower his head as he apologizes.