8

Alvin ignores a laser-like stare that Riley gives him. He leans back on the chair facing the desk which was full with documents.

"You can stop staring now, Riley."

"Why did you need to beat them up? You really need to control your anger better. You know that with one punch you can kill a person?"

"Don't overreacting, you know it's not true." Alvin speaks to himself, but Riley clearly hear everything he said.

"That's not the point, you idiot. The victims were a mess and they didn't want to settle with you. This not your first time either, your parents won't be happy about this. Shit...I'll be damn too." Riley hushes him as Alvin try to defend himself. Alvin was once a winner of the youth boxing tournament, and he kept doing it until his injuries in high school. He used to practice boxing in order to reduce his anger as he is very impatient. Well, he still has anger issues though.

"My parents will kill me. This is all your fault...you need to be responsible. Keep me alive, Alvi..." Alvin rolls his eyes. Riley is pouting to disagree.

"Always so dramatic. Your parents won't kill you, you are their only son and their heir. Hmm-no no...but your sister will do it if not you, right?" Alvin keeps teasing him.

"Alvin Hart!"

Alvin knows who's here. Riley stands up immediately as he see Amara is approaching them. She gives an intense gaze. Riley nervously taps Alvin shoulder, asking him to turn around too. But he ignores Riley.

A detective comes to welcome Amara and introduces himself. He absolutely knows who Amara is. Amara forces a smile, tries to calm down.

"I am sorry about the inconvenience, detective Anton. But if you don't mind, can I have a moment with my son? Do you have a room for us to speak privately?" Amara is asking politely. Detective Anton nods.

"Yes, sure Mrs Hart. If you would follow me."

Detective Anton leads the way. Amara's deadly stare makes Riley pull Alvin up and follow the detective. After Amara said 'thank you', detective Anton left them. Riley keeps signalling Alvin to warn him, not to act rashly. Amara may be a very loving mother but as the director of HGold Open University, she is very strict and upright.

"Do you care to explain yourself, Alvin Hart?"

"You came alone, I thought you might come with the Chairman." Blur Alvin casually. Amara sat down. Riley not dare to look up. Why is Alvin just fine? Doesn't Amara scare him or be a little nervous, maybe?

"You have nothing to say? No excuse? No reason? Not a little bit of explanation? Who the hell are you? This is not you, Alvi..."

"Oh-you know if this is not me? How do you know, Director Amara? How did you know if this is not real me?" Alvin replies as he stares deeply into Amara's eyes.

"Why you care, now? Both of you never care before, you should just do it like always. See...father can, why can't you?"

"Don't say a word about your father. Your father was busy cleaning up the mess you made. Like always..." Amara raises her voice, unhappy about what Alvin's said. Alvin chuckles with unpleasant tones.

"So, what more to explain mother? There are no victims if father already settled it, then why are we still here?" Alvin asks as he crosses his arms. He starts to feel the annoyance as their conversation continued. He doesn't shows any remorse for his actions, Amara let out a long sigh of despair.

"Your actions these past few weeks are really unacceptable, Alvin. It can ruin our family reputation. I beg you now Alvi... please listen. Your father will do anything if you do something to ruin it." Amara more like she pleading to Alvin. Alvin scoffs, as if mocking at the statement.