38

Alexi's pov:

I'm starting to sweat, my lips getting dry. I'm meeting Alvin's mother for the first time and I'm in a hangover state. This is disaster. Her first impression of me was that I am a drunk and wild person. Maybe she will regret having me as her future daughter-in-law right now.

My mind elsewhere make me gasp of many possibilities that I can make up inside my head.

"Why? Is there anything wrong, Lexi?" Amara concern voice bring me back.

Oh god, how can I say how sorry I am. I put down the spoon first.

"I...I am really sorry, Amara. I don't mean to be rude to suddenly show up without any notice. Last night..." I gulp nervously before continuing. Shit I don't even remember anything. How can I explain?

"About last night...I am so sorry. I was wasted...I am sorry..."

"It's okay, Lexi. It's okay, calm down..." Amara said before I could finish my apologies. I can feel my heart beat quickens.

Amara pushes her seat before walks her way towards me. Then she sits beside me.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Lexi. It's not a crime to get drunk, you know. Everyone has been there, don't gets me started with mine. Well...it is not my point..."

She speaks softly as she gently strokes my falling hair on my forehead.

"I mean...you and Alvi are not strangers. Of course we would not mind if he brought you back home. I know Alvi is not the warmest or kindest person you met but...when he brought you here, that means he cared."

Believe me, I am in joy when Amara said those words.

"Really? You think so...?"

"Think? No darling, I know it. I am his mother and I know him well even though I can tell you that I am not the best mother."

She carved a smile.

"Yup-that's true. Alvi never do this to anyone before. He never brought any of his friends home...well, except for Riley of course. But you can count him out." Ashley continues with a giggle when she said Riley's name.

Since I too know Riley, it makes me crack up too. Yes, Riley never listened to Alvin.

"He always sleeps out when he gone to party and get back home in the morning. He never back early, you know. Not even when he's with..."

Ashley suddenly pauses and she look at Amara. They did exchange glances. What? With who? What am I missing? It all in my head. I don't even dare to ask. Is it his girlfriend? Or girlfriends?

"Anyway...Alvi always drunk when he attends any party. But he's sober last night, I can tell you that..." Ashley snaps out of it as she said again.

"Really?" I am confused but kind of love it.

"Absolutely. Alvi cares for you like no one else before. I'm in shock too that's Alvi was home and sober as Ash said. Like I said, he may not be a typical good son before but, this few months...he's getting worse and messier."

"Now...I can see that he's slowly changing, well I mean good change.. and I think, it is thanks to you, Lexi. So, can you do me a favour...?"

Amara cups my left side with her hand. Her eyes fill with so much hope and expectation, I hate to refuse her. I give a nod.

"Yes sure, anything..."

"Alvi...I'm sure he will come around. He just needs time, and someone there for him. I was never a good mother to him, both his father and I were always busy. He grows up by himself and I am so proud of it."