10

~I really hope you were here with me.~
~It's so lame here, watching people get on the stage and posing for a picture.~
~I bet it will be different if you are here.~
~I miss you already.~

~Hey, my parents come to the graduation, though. I told them not to come...they never listen to me.~

~They want to visit you, but... don't worry I stopped them.~
~They never meet you, but they act like they have known you for years.~
~Hahaha...🤭~

~I will be there as soon as I can.~

Alexi smiled as she read the tons of messages from Maiden today. Today is supposedly their graduation day but she cannot come as she still hurts if she moves a lot. She has 2 broken ribs, burst lips, strangled marks and bruises all over her body. She doesn't want people's attention if she were to attend the graduation ceremony. Even without this, she is already drawing so much attention from the people who want to make fun of her.

She put her phone on the table beside the bed. She sees a flower bouquet and some snacks with various drinks too. It was from Xander. Her father.

Alexi still feels awkward around Xander, but he is really nice and warm to her. It's not like she didn't like it but she still remember what Maya told her. That he abandoned her. Alexi does not dare to ask him either.

More importantly, Xander offers that she comes alive with him. Mike and Henry said that they accept any decisions that she will make. They are both happy and supportive for her.

"Hey!"

Alexi was shocked as she heard the greeting.

"How do I look? Do you like my graduation outfit?" Maiden jokingly said as she was posing at the door. Alexi smiles and she scans her from up down, Maiden is wearing the elegant dark blue midi dress suit. But Alexi laughs as she sees Maiden only wearing neon crocs.

"Are you wearing that to your graduation?" Alexi point to her feets. Maiden come in.

"What? Of course not. I was wearing heels until my feet hurt after taking photos. God...I think my parents made me go to every corner of the school to take pictures of me. I was like...is this really necessary?"

Maiden explains as she puts down her bag and other belongings on the table. Alexi is still laughing.

"Did you?" Alexi teasing her. Maiden stare like 'really' as her reaction. Alexi chuckle.

"You should take it. So that I can edit it and photoshop to put my pictures on it. I need to have at least one graduation picture, right?" Alexi utters with a low voice. Maiden glance at her.

"About that you don't have to worry...I think you can have all of it. Like I said, my parents force me to pose at every corner of the school...you can have more than one graduation picture. They prefer your pictures over me, I think. Well...not like I care but they won't need a full album for only graduation day, right?"

"And I can do the editing for you...as many as you want. Well... you're welcome."

Alexi laughed again and she put her hand on her ribs.

"Don't make me laugh. My ribs hurts..." Alexi purses her lips together to stop herself from laughing any longer. Maiden smiles happily as she sees Alexi's cheerfulness.

"How do you feel today? Feeling any better?"

"Hmm-define better? If I tell you that I can get to the toilet faster than yesterday...is it considered better?" Alexi jokingly, makes Maiden laugh.

"Yeah-better than never, right?"

Alexi chuckled as she leaned back on the bed.

"How's things with...Xander? Did you talk to him?" Maiden clearing her throat as she said it. Alexi is slowly getting quiet. Maiden glance towards her. Alexi looks like she is pondering about something deeply. It is dead silence.

"Maiden. Should I...move in with my father? Do you think so too?"

Alexi finally said it after a long time.

*****

Riley moved his body or maybe he was dancing, enjoying the music while he sipped his beer.

"Why are we here?"

Alvin asked with a displeased voice. This is the last place he wants to go drink or have fun. Riley tap his shoulder.

"Don't you want to know your future fiancee? She might have come here, you know. Well... it's not like she can enter, she still underage but, her father own this place. Maybe she get bored and decided to come..."

"She is a middle school girl, Riley..."

"Nope! My mistake, sorry...let me get this straight, Raine told me...she is in high school now." Alvin let out a sigh. Is it anyway better than before? He is not going to like her even under any circumstances.

"You drag me to Night Palace just to spying on a high school girl? Who I don't even know anything about? Nothing. Is your brain gone from your thick skull?" Scolds Alvin. He going to get angry any moment now. Riley froze.

"Hey-that was mean. Alright...fine, no spying. We will just have a few more drink, okay?" Riley said with his eye brow raised.

"You can stay for your drinks, but... I'm out of here. I hate this place..." Alvin said firmly. He hurriedly sipped his beer and got up from the table. Riley was stunned with his actions.

"Hey-come on Alvi, just one more drink? Just one?" Riley pleads as he blocks Alvin from walking away.

Alvin doesn't say a word. He just glares at Riley, hands inside his pocket. His eyes look so cold, like Riley getting goosebumps all over his body. Okay, that's it. Riley sighs lowly.

"Fine! We will be leaving. Are we good now?" He gave in.

When they are about to leave, they hear a loud commotion from the corner.

"You what?"

A high pitched female voice said angrily. There is a man trying to calm her down.

"Come on dear, we talk at my office." The man demands with a gentle tone.

Alvin and Riley turn almost simultaneously towards each other. That was Xander Hayes!

Riley whispered to Alvin, "That must be his daughter, right?"

Alvin ignores him and walks away. He doesn't care enough to be curious about who the hell was that. He doesn't want to know either. It's not like anything will change. His father will never change his mind about this marriage anyway.

*****

Xander sits across from his angry daughter, Kristen. Kristen looked away with her arm across. He just told her about his plan, the plan that involves her stepsister.

"Sweetheart...listen to me. We really need this to work out, it's for our family business. You know I'll do anything to expend the family business, right?"

"Just think about the fortune if we get to this plan. You don't need to act like you siblings...just treat her like no-one."

Xander explain very carefully. Kristen started to pay attention to her father. She sees a smile on her father's lips.

"Really?"

"Yes, sure. You have any right to do anything, I give you permission to do anything you want." Xander reply. Now Kristen grin, planning something in her wicked mind.

"But...do keep her alive. We need her to proceed with the marriage, okay?" Xander continues as he sees Kristen's reaction. He like how she thinking even she doesn't speak it out loud. He knows what Kristen has in mind and he likes it. That's why he loves his daughter, they are so much alike in many ways.

"Don't worry father. I will just do enough...like she feels that she is dead but she is still alive. This going to be fun..."

Kristen let out a scornful laugh.