34

As soon as Alvin walks into the party, he notices eyes seem to follow him. He knows he gets the ladies attention, but he doesn't want to care.

Alvin checked his phone if Riley did message him. But still no. Damn you, Riley.

What a perfect timing when his phone vibrate, showing that Riley is calling him.

"Where the hell are you?" Alvin sneers as soon as he answers the call. Riley laughs at the end of the line. Maybe he expected that reaction from Alvin.

"Still outside, man. I am so sorry, but I will be there. I promise to pick Maddie up to the party. We will be there soon."

"Hey, I think Lexi already there. Maybe...you should find her and..."

Riley continues but Alvin interrupts him.

"Fine. See you later." Alvin said abruptly hung up. He doesn't bother to hear the next words.

Alexi is here? And he should find her first? No way. But he was unconsciously looking around.

"Hey...Alvi." someone calls his name and it is Ellie. Alvin turns around and she hugs him with a laugh.

"It's so good to see you. How are you, Alvi? I know that you are a busy man, but how come you never call?"

Alvin forced a smile when she letting go. She is wasted. He can smell the alcohol every time Ellie speaks.

"Ellie...you're drunk. Maybe you should..."

"Yeah I think so...but it a party Alvi." Ellie said before Alvin could finish. She chuckle as she wrap her hands around Alvin's arm. Shit, he doesn't like it.

At the same moment Alvin wants to respond to Ellie's uncomfortable behaviour, he saw Alexi. He snaps. He could not hear anything that Ellie said.

Alvin pretends to keep it cool as he turns to Ellie who's still excitedly talking to him. He glances once at Alexi. She is drinking the alcohol. Alvin frown. He tries to ignore it.

But, once again he steals a glance. Alexi keeps on sipping the alcohol. Without he knows, he let out a sigh.

"Hey-what's the matter Alvi? Do you not feeling well?" Ellie voice break him from his own world. Alvin smiles as he shakes his head as he answers.

"Nothing..."

Alvin said but his eyes search for Alexi. His face burns when he saw Alexi is talking to someone. Scott?! What the hell?

Ellie stills waiting for his replies.

"Nothing. I am just."

Alvin speaks lowly. His heart races. He cannot resist himself to look at Alexi's direction. Again.

Alexi is staggering and her drinks spill on her. Alvin sighs with his hands scoops his face. Fuck it.

"It's great to meet you Ellie...but if you excuse me..." Alvin said coldly as he left Ellie behind in dazed. He knows Ellie did say something, but he does not care.

Alvin is approaching Alexi. He can feels many eyes are watching his movement. But, fuck it all.

*****

Alvin's pov:

I stare at Scott. He catches her at the right time.

"Are you okay?" Scott asks which sounds like he is whispering to her ears but I can totally hear every word. I can see Alexi frown and she touch her temple.

I not sure what am I feeling right now, but I don't like the position they are in now. He touched her.

"It's time to go home, Alexi."

I say her name. It's been so long since I called her 'Alexi'. I have been referred her as Miss Hayes since that night. I know it may be weird or something, but I admit that I miss saying her name like that.

"Now."

I continue with a very serious and demanding voice.

Both Alexi and Scott looks straight at me. I give a glare at Scott's hand who's still holding her. He let go of her with a dissatisfaction on his face, but he doesn't want me to know. But, I can read his face very clearly. Scott leaves as he mumbled to himself, maybe cursing me.

I take out my phone and call someone.

"Luke, ready the car. I will be there in a moment." I hiss the order before I end the call.

I turn my attention to Alexi. She is crouching infront of me. I take a slow breath before I kneel.

"Hey-we are going home, Alexi."

I said gently, even though I was a bit surprised with my own tones. Alexi looks straight to me. Her eyes, I missed it.

"You...you..."

Alexi smiles with her eyes close.

"Yeah-it's me. Come on, let's get out of here. Can you walk?"

"Hmm..." Alexi answer as she nods.

I help her stand and she holds on to my arms. Her touches feel very warm even though there is still my thick jacket between our skin.

I pull her closer and my hand on her shoulder as we walk at the same paces, leaving the party. I know many eyes are watching us right now, but I don't care.

When we were outside, the car already parked in front of the entrance. Luke rushes out of the car and approaching us. But I glare at him before my eyes look at the car door. He understands it and walks to the passenger seats then he opens the door.

I help Alexi get into the car first. She leans to the backseat with closed eyes. I turn to Luke who's still waiting for my next command. I glance at my wrist to check the time, it's just past eleven o'clock.

"Luke, you drive. I will sit at the back." I said and get into the car. Luke nods and he follows my  order. He walks fast but still in well-mannered, as he always does. A few moments later,  Luke starts to drive leaving the venue.

"Where to, Mr. Hart?" Luke asks.

Where? Alexi's house? I don't even know where she lives. The Night Palace? But that place is no better, always full with people who are in search of fun and never ending escape from reality. I can't leave her there either.

Should I call Riley to ask Maiden? Shit, I know Riley. His mind work differently, he will never tell me. He probably told me to ask Alexi myself. A sigh escape my mouth.

"Should I find out where Miss Hayes lives, Boss?" He asked the second time. Of course he can just order someone to find out where Alexi actually lives, but it's probably taking time.

I look at Alexi besides me. She sleeps soundly, so I don't want to wake her. My eyes fall to her hoodie, it's wet as well as her shirt. I take off my jacket, put it on her. She moves slightly the moment I do that. She changed her sleeping position and her body  facing towards me entirely. I slowly pull it up to her chin until it covers her.

"Boss?" Once again Luke asks, and demands my decision.

"The mansion, Luke." I finally answered his long awaited question.

The mansion. I made a decision to bring Alexi to my family's mansion. Can anyone believe it? Me? What am I thinking? I don't want to weigh my own decision making right now.

I just want her to be safe and sleep without anyone to disturb her.