Ch.12

This is a chapter built by Y/n's memories, mainly to build up th LORE of this book. Like how he came to be so protective of Hiccup.
Should I do a chapter about his time in the arena?
He's 7 at the beginning and is 10 at the end of this chapter.

○▪︎○

It was dark out. The endless void seemed so wonderful and inviting to me, the glowing stars sprinkled across it did nothing to quench my wonder. To me I could see the whole world from my little window.

I wanted to fly up there and join them. Explore the world. But, humans had no wings and I was very small compared to the adults.
Then I saw dragons. Humongous beasts who flew. They had wings, they could join the warmth of the stars that invited me to join them every night but instead of doing so they attacked.

Why?

Why should they attack when they had freedom and liberty to explore. It wasn't fair. They could fly and the were giants who were faster than the most well-bred horses.
To me these titans were greedy beings who could complete my dream so easily. Beings that could change the world but instead decided to torment, destroy and reign carnage on the lives of everything that happened to share the world with them.

It wasn't strange when I began to despise them. I was jealous. Envious of their power. Their freedom. Their lives. I hated how the blocked the stars with their overwhelming presence.

I told my father this one night as I sat on his knee. The dragons happened to leave us to enjoy some peace this night and I could see the stars once again.

"Pa', I don't like dragons. They're rude and cruel" I didn't face him, instead I watched the stars appear one by one as time went on.

He laughed. My child brain couldn't understand why this was funny. After all I had just sworn a lifetime of dislike to an entire species. This was a very serious matter.

"So do I, son. But tell me why you don't like dragons."

I finally turned around only to see him also looking at the stars. I softly punched his chest in quick succession. I was about to admit the most important thing in the world, he needed his dad's attention.

⊙°⊙

Spitelout looked down at his eldest son, meeting the eyes of a wonder-filled child. His child. His child who is still so small that the palm of his hand could envelop the entirety of his son's chubby face. So very small.

His son nodded in satisfaction.

"Dragons fly."

His boy stated that with such conviction, as if that was meant to solve every question asked by anyone any point in time. But, Spitelout?  He was very confused.

"What do you mean, son?"

The eyes of his child blinked and he stayed silent for a moment.
Spitelout felt as if Y/n, his forever questioning child was judging him and how he came to be his father. Someone who should understand their child's whims and wants and be able to complete said wants at a drop of hat.

Y/n always had high expectations of everyone around him, it was why Y/n excelled in everything because, if someone couldn't reach those expectations he'd do it for them. As a lesson or as a way to show it's possible, Spitelout would never know.