"And who is this beauty?" One of them asks, his accent heavy. My face heats, not liking the attention.

Elio's dark voice barks something out in Italian causing the twins to glance at each other with a knowing look.

The boys utter a goodbye while passing me, leaving Elio and I alone. He opens up a door that leads to an enormous room with a bed fit for a king.

"This is where we will be sleeping." I hear him say as he walks further in, setting the bags down.

I let out a scoff, crossing my arms. "We?" He turns to me, his burning gaze trailing down my figure.

"Yes, we. All the other rooms are occupied considering my mother has a live-in staff." I narrow my eyes at his words, scanning his features for any sign of dishonesty.

I let out a sigh, knowing I wouldn't win this argument. "I'll take the couch then," I say, taking a seat.

It was plush and soft, it would do just fine. Elio's eyes darken, his face twisting with irritation.

"You will sleep on the bed." He says harshly. I roll my eyes, "I do not take orders from you. I am not one of your men."

My tone comes out just as harsh, if not more. His face fills with surprise. He doesn't say anything else as he stalks out of the room.

When the door closes behind him, I hear a soft click. Panic runs through me as I run over and pull at the nob.

The bastard locked me in here. I let out a groan of frustration, stalking over to the balcony. The waves crashed angrily, seeming to match my mood.

How did I get here? I was just a small-town girl trying to start a new life. Now here I was stuck in the clutches of the mafia.

They would never let me go, so I know this was going to end one of two ways. One, I leave in a body bag. Two, I may be able to escape if he lets me out during this trip.

I pace the room, letting my thoughts of escaping consume me. No matter the attraction I felt towards Elio, I know I don't want this life. I didn't leave one abusive man to jump into the arms of another.

After a few hours, a maid comes in with some pasta. She quickly sets it on the small table and locks the door behind her. I needed to get out of here.

That little woman sure knows how to rile up my anger

That little woman sure knows how to rile up my anger. With her sassy comments and the fire in her eyes, every time she disagree's with me. I'll admit, it's alluring. She's one of the only women aside from my mother and darling sister, that could put me in check.

I shake my head at the thought. My two idiot brothers step into the office I had built. "What do you cazzos want?" I said, already fed up with my day.

They laugh, "Trouble in paradise?" Matteo asks. I glare at him, my jaw clenching. The last thing I needed was their ragging.

"She is nothing. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time." I say simply, shrugging her off. I was over this pussy whipped bullshit. I needed to blow a load and let this frustration out.

"So what? Do you plan on keeping that poor girl locked up all night? She's in Italy, don't be a dick." Enzo says. The only way I could tell the fuckers apart was by Matteo's sleeve of tattoos.

Enzo was my mom's golden boy and didn't want to earn her disapproval. Pussy. "What am I supposed to do? She's a witness, I can't trust her." I say with a shake of my head.

"Just stick by her, Elio. I imagine you terrify the poor girl." I scowl at Enzo's words, his comments struck a cord in me. I didn't want her to fear me, I wanted her to desire me.

I let out a sigh, running my hands over my face. "Maybe I'll take her to get some gelato from Gio," I say, recalling the older gentleman who's owned a shop in our town for years.

The boys nod their heads in unison. I laugh, "You fuckers still trip me out with your twin shit." We talk for a while, catching up.

Enzo had gone and found himself a girlfriend while Matteo was still in his fuck boy ways. "How's Giana been?" I ask, knowing she had been struggling since the death of our father.

Our father died while driving drunk. He killed another family in the process. There's a tight squeeze in my chest while I recall the memories.

"Giana... Is Giana. You know she's not one to talk about her feelings." Matteo sighs. I take in his words, I wanted to help her but my little sister was a stubborn one. Just like me.

After a while, the boys leave my office and head out to party. I slip a few bills in both their hands before they left, telling them to be safe.

Walking down the hall, I'm met with my mother's petite frame. She has her hands on her hips and a scowl on her face.

"Perche quella povera ragazza e stata rinchiusa?" (Why has that poor girl been locked away?) I resist the urge to roll my eyes, what's up with everyone?

Why are they so invested in this girl's freedom? "Ma, it's business. The less you know the better." She shakes her head at me as I gently move her aside and continue the walk to my room.

Lina shoots up off the couch when she hears the door click open. "How dare you! You can't just keep me locked away like some caged animal!" She yells, her bright eyes wild and crazed with anger.

Lust creeps over me as I watch her yell and throw her fit. I glance down at her, shamelessly. She takes notice as her shouts become mumbled words and her eyes darken just as mine.

We stand there, drinking each other in. I admire her ample breasts and her small waist. "Would you accompany me to a small gelato shop?" I ask, my voice laced with desire.

She peeks up at me through her lashes, sucking in a sharp breath. "I-I- OK. Sure." She says softly, with a small nod. I step closer, watching her eyes widen. "We leave in twenty minutes. Be ready on time, si?"