FOUR

I don't know why I insisted on bringing this babbling blonde back to my house

I don't know why I insisted on bringing this babbling blonde back to my house. I was so frustrated at the end of the night that I decided to stop by and grab a drink at one of Alessandro's bars.

The girl was decent looking, but she didn't have Lina's big green eyes that were so bright and full of curiosity.

Her hair wasn't silky and shiny, the bleached blonde making it look fried. I let out an angry sigh, trying to shake my thoughts of the petite brunette.

Tossing the blonde on the guest bed, she lets out a small shriek. I cringe at the sound, undoing the buttons of my shirt.

Britney, I think, gets to work undoing the straps of her top. She lays bare, waiting for me.

Normally, I would be more than satisfied to take the woman in front of me, show her an unforgettable night, and then never call her again.

But tonight, she wasn't amusing. No arousal stirred in me as I glanced down at the girl with disinterest.

Clearing my throat, I place the woman's dress on the bed. "I'm sorry, my maid will show you out and call you a cab."

The girl's face flashes with confusion, a look of hurt settling over her features. She quickly covers herself up while I walk out of the room.

I tap at Maria's door, not saying a word. She understood what I needed her to do. Walking up the stairs, my legs take me past my door and lead me straight to Lina's.

I stand at the doorway, debating whether to step into the room. I could hear her shuffling around, getting ready for bed. I raise my hand to knock but stop myself.

What was I doing? She was a witness. Alessandro may even kill her. Backtracking, I step into my room and close the door behind me. I seriously needed to get my shit together.

Weeks passed, filled with maintaining this beautiful home

Weeks passed, filled with maintaining this beautiful home. I was starting to get into a routine, trying to enjoy my days. Elio seemed to have disappeared without so much as a glimpse of him. Maria let me have access to the TV so there was that at least.