Chapter XVI "A Familiar Place..."

"Well, I got one foot on the platform.
The other foot on the train.
I'm goin' back to New Orleans.
To wear that ball and chain."

- The Animals

Samuel's Perspective

"Wait a minute, is that?"
"Oh no... You have got to be kidding me..." Grayson Murmured
"What? What is it?" I asked
"Remember that house I told you about? Where Armen and Drake were haunted by Him?"

"Is-? Is that the one?" I asked Grayson, hoping to not hear the answer I was inevitably going to hear...

"That's the one..."

Well, crap.

"And if my memory serves correctly, the only one for nearly 10 miles..."

Double crap.

"Oh HeEELLLLL NAW WE are NOT staying THERE!" I protested
"Are you crazy Grayson!? That's basically that white eyed demon's house!" Mia added

"We have nowhere else to go..."

I sighed in denial, of what was unfortunately true.

"Why do you have to be right Grayson?"
"What?"
"Oh, never mind."

"Well, I guess we should go in..." I said, trying to act braver than I really was.

With that, we walked up to the door, and opened it.

CREEEEEAAAAAAK!

"Great argument Mr. Door, but uh, who asked?" I said to the door jokingly.

"Well, whatta' think?" Grayson asked

"I think it's definitely creepy." Mia replied

"I think this place should've been condemned five minutes after it was completed."

"There's MAJOR wood rot in all the load bearing members and all the walls, it's been 1,000 years and the basement still hasn't been finished, there are so many safety violations it would make Chernobyl look habitable, the soil samples probably have the consistency of water, and the "neighborhood", if you can call it one, is like if you took Detroit, the Bronx, and the south side of Chicago, mixed them together, demilitarized it, and then let it rot for 9 eons."

"Uh- okay then..." Mia said in astonishment at my spot on description of the dump we were in.

At this point, Drake was pretty much unconscious...
Grayson and Mia laid Drake down on a bed in one of the rooms, and Grayson did a "certified health potion moment".

A light drizzle set in not long after we had entered the house.
I went to sit in a chair by the kitchen window, and peered out...

But as I did,
A headache set in...