chapter 40

I walk downstairs and smile as I see Derek's in the living room watching tv. He's in the middle of the room.

"Good morning" I lean down and kiss him. "Mhm" he doesn't take his eyes off of the tv. "Last night was amazing.. you were amazing" I whisper, kissing his jaw softly. "Mhm" he hums again.

"You want me to leave you alone?" I ask. He nods. "Okay" I kiss him softly before going into the kitchen.

"What's up with him?" I sit opposite Carolyn at the table. "He got a call from the doctor this morning.. I have no idea what he said but he's been in a mood ever since" she says.

"Oh, well are you not worried?" I frown. "Yes, but he'll tell me when he's ready" she says. "Okay" I say quietly.

I stand up. "Don't push him mer" she says. "I won't" I go into the living room. "Can we cuddle on the couch?" I hug his neck from behind. "No" he says. "Please baby" I say.

"No!" He raises his voice. I climb onto his lap. He sighs. He hugs me tightly. I hug him, cuddling my face into the crease of his neck.

"Did you enjoy last night?" I whisper, rubbing his back. He nods. "I'm sorry meredith.. I'm a little bit stressed" he says. "Its okay" I smile small.

"I'm trying not to take it out on you" he says. "Its okay baby" I chuckle. I kiss his lips softly.

"Do you want to talk to me about anything?" I ask. He shakes his head. "Would you like to go upstairs with me?" He gently grabs my waist, pulling me closer. I smile, scanning his body.

"I'd love to go upstairs with you" I kiss him. "...for sex?" He asks. "Yes" I giggle, nodding. "Okay good" he says. I get up. I follow him upstairs, helping him as we go up.

----------

"That was amazing" I hug him tighter, resting my head on his sweaty chest. We're both naked under the covers.

"My doctor told me that he wants to try a surgery on me that would maybe give me a chance at walking" he says. I look at him in pure shock.

"What?" I whisper. "My doctor-" he repeats himself. "No, baby I heard you.. I-I'm just shocked" I say. "Me too" he says.

"Have you thought about what you're going to do?" I ask. "I'm not doing it" he says. "What? Why?" I ask. "I'm not getting my hopes up just for it to not work" he says.

"Its worth a try?" I say. He shakes his head. "You should talk to your mom" I say. "...okay" he says. I kiss him.

"Did I calm you down a bit?" I ask. He nods. He kisses me softly. "You're really sexy" he gently grabs my boob whilst kissing me again. I smile brightly against his lips.

"You're really sexy too" I put my hands on his cheeks, deepening the kiss. "I want you again" he gently grabs my arms, tugging me up. "Derek, I'm tired" I sigh.

"Okay" He smiles small. I kiss him again. I pull away after a few seconds.

There's a knock on the bedroom door. "Can I come in?" Carolyn asks. "No, merediths naked" he says. I hit him. "Ow!" He yells.

"Don't say I'm naked" I whisper. "You are" he says. "So are you" I say. "I'm naked too!" He says. "Oh my god" I get up.

I pull on my clothes. I help him put his pyjamas back on. "I'm gonna go downstairs.. you stay here and talk to your mom, okay?" I lean down and kiss him. "About our sex?" He asks. "No! About the surgery" I say. "Oh" he says.

"Okay?" I say. He nods. I leave. Carolyn goes in and I go downstairs and sit on the couch whilst they talk.