Ch. 6 - Caring

Herm's POV

"Lateral Collateral Ligament. You should rest for today miss Harris, for you recovery to be a lot faster"

" How long would it take her to be able to walk properly, nurse? "

" She should rest for a week without any heavy activities, but she'll be able to walk tomorrow or maybe the day after tomorrow. Wag lang bibiglain " The nurse smile after finishing up checking miss Kathleen's foot.

" Maiwan ko na muna kayo, I'll just check the other students. And miss Dixon, please continue applying ice pack on her ankle. Thank you"

I kneeled down to apply the ice pack back. I heard her hissed but didn't dare to look at her, it's very obvious that she's in pain but keeps her straight face as much as she could. There was this awkward silence inside the room, no one wanted to speak.

Simula ng umalis kami ni miss sa covered court, hindi na nya ako kinibo kahit pa makailang beses kong tinatanong kung may iba ba itong kailangan.

"You should change your clothes already, Dixon. Your class would start in 10 minutes" i suddenly heard her say after minutes of silence.

"No." I answered in my usual cold voice.

"Stop being stubborn. I'll report this t-"

"I'll excuse myself to principal Syrene." I said cutting her off but what I said didn't seem to help at all.

Biglang iniwas ni ma'am yung paa nya na nakapatong lang sa binti ko kanina. Pag tingin ko kay miss, masama na ang tingin nya sakin.

"Leave." She sternly said while pointing at the door.

Wala akong nagawa kung hindi tumayo at walang pasabing lumabas ng pinto.

After walking of the clinic I took my phone out and dialed cane's number.

"Bring me Chicken Alfredo, Pasta Alla Gricia, Insalata di Pesce, Puttanesca Pasta Salad, and two Pumpkin-Gingersnap Tiramisù from aunt's resto. Before lunch. Aw and two tall Iced coffee. Bye."

"btch I'm out of tow-"

I ended the call even before she could finish her sentence.

I made my way to the principal's office. Sinalubong naman ako ng secretary ni miss Syrene at sinabing sumaglit lang ito sa guidance at pwede ko na syang antayin sa loob

"What brings you here, hermia?" Salubong sakin ni miss Syrene pagka pasok nito ng opisina nya.

"I'd like to excuse and inform you about miss Harris' absence in all her classes for today."

" The last time I checked, si Kathleen ang teacher sainyong dalawa pero ikaw ang nag e-excuse sainyong dalawa" she asked while chuckling. I tried my best not to roll my eyes at her.

"She had an injury while we were on our first day of training, just this morning. The nurse said that it's better for her to rest so she could recover as sooner." I explained at nakita ko naman ang pag tango nito.

" I'll ask my secretary to find a substitute for all her classes for today. Please do send my regards to miss Harris, hermy" I nodded and thanked her before standing up to leave.

I was walking down the hallway when I heard someone call my name. As soon as i turned around to see who it was, I immediately regretted it.

"Hermyyyyy! Bestie, wait up!" I tried to walk faster kaso sadyang mabilis lang talaga syang tumakbo papalapit sakin.

"What now?" I asked in a bored manner.

"Sabay na tayo papuntang klase ni miss jen tutal pareho naman na tayo late" she said while clinging her arms on me.