Chapter-8: The Forbidden Love (pt.1)

Start from the beginning

On the other hand Kabir had his own dreams and passions and was brave enough to fight for it. He was studying law and was on his way to become a criminal  lawyer. You can't ever guess that by his sunshine personality but he was hell of a dangerous guy. After Zain our family became more lenient and who am I kidding being the youngest brother he is the most pampered kid in the family.

I had been very reckless during my teenage years. The entire family knew about my antics, I was a playboy during my former years. I didn't care about any girl's feelings or emotions until her. She thinks I betrayed her but I would rather die than think of anyone who isn't her. She turned me from a playboy to those whipped guys who's obsessed with their girl.

The AZIZ  MANSION

The AZIZ MANSION

I woke up in the morning by all the chaotic noise. They're back. I went down to witness an uncommon scenario. Instead of sitting in their respective rooms everyone was gathered together in the hall with some sort of preparation going on in full swing. Even though we were a joint family we lead our own lives. In fact no one even sat in the breakfast table at same time. We cousins hated it but we couldn't help it. In front of the world we were a loving family and we loved each other that's true but we were as distant in real life as close we were seen in pictures. No one had ever taken the initiation to fix our dysfunctional family.I looked at the preparations in full swing no one told me there was a party in the house. I went down to find myself in a shock.

"Bhai what will you wear? I am thinking navy blue as Zain bhaia will wear sky blue" Kabir was saying

"Where?" I questioned

"On his engagement of course" My mom came behind me hitting me on the head.

"WHAT? Who's engagement? Who fixed it? With who? When?" I blurted out everything in shock.

"Your best friend Zain's engagement. All the elders fixed it. With Alizeh bhabi. It's in six days." Zaina answered all my questions.

"Who is Alizeh bhabi now" I couldn't believe them! Where was I! When the hell did all this happen?

"You remember the Sheikhs? The most important deal on our hand right now. Their only daughter. Your chachi and your mom had seen her picture from her mother during a party and really liked her so we extended the proposal to her dad." Bade papa explained.

Everything made sense but I still felt blank, to add more confusion Kiara came with what seemed like wedding cards. They were already printed? What the hell! Zain seemed to be on the quieter end of the hall with AirPods in his ears and his fingers typing furiously into the laptop and this guy was getting engaged? Did he even meet the girl I thought.

I went to him and hit him on the head distracting him from his work.
"You're getting engaged?" I asked

"You didn't know? I thought Mom had announced it to the whole world by now." He replied not taking his eyes from the laptop