Ch 16 Kenma

I woke up at around 9:30. I saw that Shoyo wasn't beside me anymore. I suddenly remembered what happened last night. Where I got that sudden bravery from? I had no idea.

I laid in my bed and looked through my phone. I then realized I had practice soon. I forced myself to stand and change. I took off my shirt and started to look through my drawers. The door suddenly opened.

"Kenma are you awa-," he looked up at me shirtless. "Ah! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!!!" He immediately closed the door.

"Sho- uh you're fine-"

"I'm sorry!!" He apologized again.

I'll admit I was a little embarrassed but I still got dressed and went downstairs. I found a cute redhead talking to my mom.

"Kenma, your friend is very nice and energetic! You two must be very close!" Said my mom.

"Ah yes. We're pretty close. I have practice soon so I should get going."

"Same. It was nice staying with you Kenma!"

"Take some food before you both leave." Said my mom.

"Okay!" Said Shoyo.

We both took a bagel and walked together.

"I'll miss you Kenma. But at least I can see you again at our match!"

"I'll miss you too.. we'll see each other soon though."

"Yeah! Cya later Kenma!" He walked in the opposite direction and headed towards the inn Karasuno was staying in. I watched until he got into the inn. I then started to walk towards the Nekoma gym.

I looked at my phone and almost ran into a wall if it weren't for Kuroo standing there. I face planted into his chest and muttered an awkward apology.

"Kenma watch where you're going." He said with a stern face.

"Since when did you become my protector." I asked sarcastically.

Kuroo put his hand over his heart, "Oh Kenma! How could you say such a thing? We're friends!! Anyways how was your night with the shrimp?" His tone instantly changed.

I felt warm in the cheeks, "Nothing happened! I- we just slept together. It's nothing special.."

Kuroo did a fake gasp. "Kenma slept with the shrimp?? That's so cute! Did you two cuddle?~"

I turned red and said "Practice is starting.."

He actually gasped this time. "You two were cuddling??? Oh my god my Kenma has grown up!"

"Well he was tossing and turning," I said defensively. "I had to hold him still or else I couldn't sleep..."

Kuroo looked like he was about to tease me when coach started up practice. I was relieved until I realized how tiring this practice is going to be.

After doing warm-ups and stretches, the coach asked to talk to me.

"Kenma, you're going to have to work on your stamina for this match. We don't want another incident like Sarukawa." The coach had spoke to me.

I groaned and made a look of disgust.

"Your expressions can be really amusing at some points!"

"Do I have to?" I asked grudgingly.

"Well yes you do. I suggest you trying to go on long runs. Those improve stamina and endurance." Coach advised.

I groaned and then walked back to the court.

"Kenma-San! Why are you making that disgusted look?" Asked Lev.

"I have to build up my stamina and go on long runs." I said with no enthusiasm.