Ch 3 Kenma

Forgetting what happened earlier is harder than I expected. Right now I need to focus on the match in front of me. I looked back at Shoyo for a sense of safety. He looked good in his uniform, almost... cute? Ok forget I said that just focus on the match.

I felt motivated as if I could win this match with Shoyo by my side. Turns out he really just needed a warm up since he did great in the match. We won 21-25.

"Kenma! Your tosses were so easy to hit!" Said Shoyo beaming

"Uh- thanks Shoyo, your spikes were good as always."

"You wanna celebrate with me?"

"Sure I have something in mind"

"Lead the way Kenma!" The first year shouted excitedly.

We went to a convenience store and bought popsicles for each of us. I started to get out my switch and play some games.

"Kenma can I watch you play?" He asked out of curiosity.

"Sure." I say. I start to get nervous with him watching me. I lost a game 4 times in a row and I fall back in frustration.

"Kenma are you okay?"

"I'm fine Shoyo, I'm just tired." I made up an excuse for my nerves.

"Oh then do you want to go home? It's getting late and you can get to sleep."

"It's fine I can be awake a little longer."

"Are you lying Kenma?"

"Maybe.." I said not realizing I'm blushing.

"Okay well I have to go home soon as well so," he stopped in the middle of his sentence and gave me a hug. "Goodnight Kenma."

I stared at the ground startled by what Shoyo is doing.

Shoyo.. did you really just hug me?.. why do I feel so.. nervous but.. excited?.. what an indescribable feeling..

"Goodnight Shoyo, sweet dreams."

"Oh and by the way, your face looks a little pink. Are you sick?"

What the hell.. I never blush.

"I-I'm fine, goodnight"

I lay there trying to process what just happened.

I replayed the few moments of Shoyo hugging me. My stomach did something funny.

How interesting..