Ch 15 Hinata

He immediately stood back up and answered the call.

"H-hello? Oh hi Kuroo.. we have practice tomorrow at 10? Okay got it." He said while taking the food out of the microwave.

He ended the call. I looked at him and saw him avoiding my gaze.

"I-I'm sorry! Uh that was completely on accident it's just-"

"It's okay. Shrug it off it happens to people." He sounded almost.. casual??

I was immediately distracted when I sat down a saw the food. I took a bite.

"Wow this is delicious!" I added more to my bowl of rice.

Kenma didn't seem to be eating much. Instead, a small tint of red was on his cheeks.

"Kenma, are you okay? You're not eating and you look a little bit red. Are you sick???" I was worried and put my hand on his forehead.

"I'm fine Shoyo.. I don't have a big appetite most of the time."

"Okay then!"

I continued to eat until I couldn't eat anymore. I felt like I was going to be in a food coma and stretched. I looked up and saw Kenma staring. He immediately looked away.

Kenma's phone rang again. This time it was from his mom.

"Hm? Oh okay. I'll manage. Yeah a friend is over. I can do it no worries. Mkay bye." He hung up.

"My mom isn't coming back until tomorrow due to the bad weather." I looked outside and saw it was raining really hard.

"Wow it was fine when we came."

"Weather is weird like that in Tokyo."

I heard thunder and jumped. Kenma was trying to hold back a laugh.

"Th-that's not funny!" I pouted.

We cleaned up and went to Kenma's room.

"We should probably get the air mattress" he said.

"Oh yeah! I'll help you look."

I followed him to an attic and we started searching. I managed to find it in a small box.

We set up the air mattress and took turns pumping the air in.

"I'm gonna go shower now. I'll be back."

"Okay!"

He left and I observed his room. It was a pretty big room and it had a huge gaming setup. I was trying to roll up the sleeves of Kenma's hoodie. It was pretty big compared to me. I gave up and put the hood over my head. I found comfort in the way it felt and how big it was. Suddenly Kenma walked in. His hair was still dripping and his face looked relaxed.

"Sho I'm done. Whatcha wanna do?" He asked in his usual tone, soft and quiet.

"Hm can we play some games?"

"Sure. I can teach you if you don't know how."

"Okay!" He started up his setup and I picked a cool looking game called "Tetris".

"Okay so what you want to do here is to fill all the gaps with the blocks. The controls are a lot to remember but it'll be easy once you get better." He explained.

I tried and tried and tried again. It didn't seem to be working for me. Kenma then put his hand on mine that was on the controls.

"Try here.. yeah there you go."

I was trying not to blush and focus on the game. It clearly didn't work as I lost four more times.

"Why is Tetris so hard" I whined.

"You'll get better don't worry." He looked down and smiled. It made my heart flutter.

I tried to suppress a yawn but he seemed to notice.

"Tired? We can probably go to sleep."

I tried to fight my drowsiness but instead I yawned again.

"Fine" I said.

I lay on the air mattress and closed my eyes. Kenma turned off the lights and got into his bed.

A clap of thunder made me jump. I looked up at Kenma to see if he was still awake. His eyes were shut and his breathing seemed heavy. I felt bad but still patted him on the head.

"Hm? What's wrong sho?" He asked drowsily.

"Uhh can I sleep with you tonight?.. I'm scared." I asked in an embarrassed voice.

It was silent for a few minutes until Kenma finally gave his answer.

"Sure." He lifted the covers to invite me in. I gratefully accepted and climbed in.

I was trying to sleep but I couldn't find a comfortable position. I was tossing and turning. I was still trying to find a comfortable position when I felt arms wrap around me. I looked over to see Kenma holding me.

"If you keep moving I'm gonna have to hold you still." He mumbled.

"S-sorry." I was trying to apologize when I saw he fell asleep.

I finally felt comfortable in the bed. I closed my eyes a slowly drifted off to sleep.