Oh yuck!!! - Epilogue

Alice couldn't walk fast enough to the address that Anya gave her. A strange feeling washed over her when she finally noticed her sister, waiting for her. Something about Anya was very different.

"I'm ready to see your apartment."

"Hello to you, too." Anya hugged her.

"Yeah, that too. Now seriously, please. I'm ready."

"I must warn you, sweetie, this is not a pleasant sight."

"I'm sure it's not that bad."

"Don't hold your breath."

"If you say so."

Anya unlocked the door and Alice blinked a few times. The place was unusually dark, in comparison to the weather outside.

"Do you have curtains on?"

"No. My window always looks to the shady side of the street. That's the only window that this living room has. Let me turn on the light, so that you can see it better."

Now Alice noticed that the floor was covered in a very old-looking, scruffy carpet. It looked like it used to be blue, but she couldn't be too sure. On the right side from where she stood, she saw a faux leather couch in burgundy red, with a few huge holes on various places. On the hand-rest of the couch was a huge, white cotton cover, that Anya must have used while sitting on it.

She looked at the skin on her arm. It prickled with disgust. In fact, it was so disgusting that she had the bizarre need to explore the place further. A wooden table with legs deeply scratched on various places. Chairs that were in the same condition.

A small newspaper table seemed to be in a good condition, and she remembered Anya telling her how she ate the dinner with Dominic right there. The wallpapers didn't match the furniture. Not even remotely, with pink and red roses splotched around the room in an uneven order.

"Oh...."

"I can't resist it; I told you so."

"I thought that...that it's not so bad. How can you live here, Anya?!"

"That's the only place I could pay rent for. And it's not enough for the food. I would have shown you the fridge but Dominic stocked it with so much food that I can't close it properly," she giggled.

"Anya, this isn't funny! Why are you so relaxed about this?"

"I'll tell you in a minute. Are you ready to delve deeper into this horror story?"

"No, please! Let's go outside."

"But you haven't seen the bathroom and my bedroom yet."

"Anya, no!"

"Just kidding, sweetie. What I would like you to do, however, is to help me pack."

"You're going on a vacation?"

"Not really. But let's find a better place to talk."

"How about the canteen at my college? I'm fine with anywhere but here."

"I don't blame you, sweetie. It really takes some time getting used to it."

Alice inhaled deeply as soon as they walked out, and immediately began appreciating her dorm room, which she previously thought to be too small. Now it felt more like a palace. A very clean, comfortable palace.

"How are you and Dominic doing?" Alice asked,

"We've made a beautiful progress," Anya winked at her.

"You mean, you did it?!"

"A number of times."

"Yes!!! Oh, God, yes! There is justice in the world!!!"

"Alice, keep your voice down, please!"

"So, don't cut short on the details! How was it?"

"I can't keep my hands off of him."

"And what about him?"

"Well, he uses every chance he gets to be all over me, and I'm actually encouraging him to do it."

"Ohhhhh.....I knew it! I knew it!! Yes!!" Alice squealed.

"But there's more."

"You're pregnant?!"

"What? No! At least not yet. No, I meant, we're moving in together."

"Aaaaaa!!!!"

"Alice, please, calm down and breathe. Your face is getting green."

"Who cares about breathing! Tell me more!"

"Ok, well not only are we moving in together, but we're moving in a much, much more comfortable apartment in West Kensington. And it doesn't end there, either."

"There's more?! How can there be more than this?! This is perfect!"

"I'd be happy with any clean apartment and a functional furniture, don't get me wrong. But Dominic is used to a different lifestyle, and he can afford it. So we'll go one of these days to get some furniture and kitchen appliances. Meanwhile, we've met our next-door neighbor."

"Really? Who is he?"

"Mike. Dominic calls him his brother, and believe me they are. They're one soul split into two bodies. Their bond is amazing. He's so gentle and funny and...please, don't tell Dominic I said that...Mike's one sexy piece of ass. Well, as a whole of course, but you know what I meant."

Another squeal escaped Alice's throat. All her hopes of Anya finding a man who deserves her have finally became a reality.

"Because you told me all this, I'm more than willing to help you pack your things. Let's go."

"We don't have to rush. Most of the things in the apartment don't belong to me. I just need to pack my clothes and the food. It's a shame to throw it out or leave it."

"I agree."

"Did I tell you that Mike will hire me as his assistant? Since Dominic and I are obviously much more than friends now, I told him that I couldn't work for him any more. Mike was glad to step in."

"Sounds like Mike is a really nice guy."

"You'll meet him. He's amazing."

"I'm looking forward to getting to know him."

"He offered us his spare bedroom, while our apartment is being redecorated."

"That is so sweet."

"I'm telling you."

Alice was just about to ask her to help her move the luggage right away, because she was anxious to see where she will live, but a phone call interrupted her. She smiled.

"Hey baby, what's up? Meet? Absolutely, when? Sure, no problem. I love you too."

"Was that...?"

"Yes. He's asked me out to dinner. I can't say 'no' to that, right?"

"Absolutely not! Go, sweetie. Dominic can't be long now."

"Where is he, anyway?"

"Picking up his clothes and scented oils for the bathroom from his old apartment."

"You shady lady! I was thinking of buying them myself."

"They're definitely a great investment, but they're expensive. Don't go crazy on them."

"We'll see how the night turns out. I have to go. I love you."

"I love you too."

Alice hugged her. That's why she sensed the difference in her sister's behavior. She was happy. In fact, she was blissful, and for the first time in a very long time their vibrations matched entirely. Alice couldn't have been more grateful.

For the first time in many years, Alice left Anya knowing that she will be all right, and that was so comforting that she couldn't express it in any other way but smile genuinely at the rain that just started falling again. It didn't matter. The world was a happy place for both of them.

                                                                             The End