I kind of can't sleep. What do we do?

Dominic speed-dialed Anya's number while driving to Rima. She answered quickly. 

"I'm here." 

"My meetings have delayed, I'll be there for another three hours." 

"All right." 

"Anya?" 

"Yes?" 

"That changes nothing. Your bed will be occupied tonight," he teased, and she burst into laughter. 

"I'm not worried about that. Just let me know when you're coming, so that I can make you dinner." 

"You don't need to do that." 

"I want to. I need distraction from...the fact that I'm not working." 

"All right, dinner sounds really nice, actually." 

"I knew you'll be reasonable. I'll see you tonight." 

He smiled and his heart picked up a pace. The smile turned into a wholehearted grin, and it lingered there until his phone beeped. He looked at the caller id: Kayla. He sighed and picked up. 

"Yes, Kayla?" 

"What the hell are you thinking, spending the night who knows where? You have a home, Dominic, and a wife, in case you forgot." 

"Kayla, this is not the right time to discuss this. I'm busy." 

"Doing what, exactly?" 

"My job. I'll come home when I'm ready. Goodbye." 

The home he was referring to wasn't the one with her, but he couldn't get himself to say it out loud. At least not now, until he was sure that Anya wanted him as much as he wanted her. He didn't even have to put a ring on her finger, because he already felt that they were married. She was home, waiting for him and making him dinner.  

In all the time that he'd been married to Kayla, never once did she make an actual effort to cook something for him. Not that his life depended on it, and most of the time he didn't really care. He was just sick of having the same breakfast and lunch, day in and day out. That's why he often took longer lunch breaks, and as a result got a permanently reserved seat at the restaurant. 

The first meeting took twenty minutes, during which he had to keep reminding himself that there's someone sitting across the table. He impatiently waited for the client to leave, and then he stood up, stretched and walked up to Michelle.

"I need you to reschedule my meetings for tomorrow." 

"What, all of them?" 

"Yes. I can't focus on work today." 

"No problem. I'll take over your calls." 

"You are an angel." 

"Go home, Dominic. You look exhausted." 

"That's basically the way I feel lately." 

"Wanna talk about it?" 

"Maybe some other time." 

"All right. I'll see you tomorrow?" 

"Mhm."  

His phone beeped again on his way out. He thought it was Kayla so he automatically reached for the disconnect button, but then he noticed the caller ID.  

"Anya? What happened? Are you alright?" 

"Seriously, Dominic! I'm not dying, stop being so overprotective. I just wanted to let you know that dinner is ready, so whenever you..."