Who are you really, Dominic Oldfield?

"So, restaurant?" Anya asked after a few minutes of walking in silence.

"Yes."

"Yes? Is that all you'll tell me?"

"It's a surprise, Anya."

"A surprise?! Why? I'm just your..."

"My employee, I know. Michelle and you could become really great friends." He snorted.

"In what way?"

"Well, I'm the type of man who wants to surprise friends in pleasant ways, and she hates surprises."

"So she's my soulmate, then! All right, I'll trust when you say you know where we're going. But you will let me go home once we're done, right?"

"You are free to walk away if you decide you don't like it. I am your boss, I'm not a kidnapper. But as I said, let's wait until we arrive." He had that slightly annoyed tone again, and she found it amusing.

They walked up to the nearest cab station, and Dominic instructed the driver to take them about five blocks down the road. Anya looked at him.

"Why waste time walking when there is a delicious dinner waiting for us at the restaurant?"

"Good point."

The cab stopped in front of a little Chinese restaurant. The walls inside were painted, traditionally, in red and gold. A soft melody was playing in the background, which was just perfect enough to talk quietly and without fear of being overheard. Dominic stood beside her and took her coat.

"Wow! I'm impressed," Anya said. He smiled.

"Does that mean you're staying, then?"

"Definitely! How do you know about this place?"

"My friend owns it."

"You have friends on high places."

"They're mostly very satisfied clients of mine, nothing special. But I do enjoy the privileges, I must admit. I believe there is our table." He pointed to the far left corner of the restaurant. A table for two had his name on the card, and they sat down. Anya looked around. The whole place was packed with people.

"Look at this! There is probably a waiting list to even get inside and you even got your own reservation card," she said.

"More often than not, I agree. I called them after you had agreed to meet me, because I didn't want them to give my table to someone else. Are you cold?"

"Why?"

"Oh nothing. I can ask them to turn on the heating."

"Dominic!"

"What? I want my employee to be in a good health, that's all."

"I'm not made of glass. I'm fine. So, you can stop with the secrecy now. Why did you bring me here?"

Dominic fell quiet. He looked like he didn't know where to start, and she began feeling uncomfortable about sharing a table with him. He must have noticed the discomfort on her face, because he cleared his throat.

"Ok, the reason I brought you here is because I want to be your friend."

"I don't understand." She slightly tilted her head to the left.

"I know I am your boss, but somehow I feel that it's definitely not enough for me."

"Wait a minute, are you having hots for me?!!"

"What? Oh...well, you are attractive, definitely, but I can't look at you that way. What I meant was, for some reason I feel that you are the only person I can talk to about things that matter to me."