Turning

At the Salvatore Boarding House Stefan walks into the parlor where Damon is staring out the window.

"So, any idea of where you'll go?" The younger brother asks.

"I don't know. London, maybe. See some friends." Damon suggests.

"You don't have any friends, Damon." Stefan reminds him.

"You're right, Stefan. I only have you." He turns away from the window with a smirk. "So, where are we goin'?"

"We are not going anywhere." Stefan insists. I'm gonna live my life as far away from you as possible."

Damon starts walking towards Stefan. "But we're a team! We could travel the world together. We could try out for "The Amazing Race"." He jokes.

"Mmmm, that's funny." Stefan agrees. "Seriously, where are you going? Because we are not staying in this town." He insists just as the doorbell rings. Damon and Stefan glance at the door and back at each other. Stefan leaves the parlor and opens the front door.

Sheriff Liz Forbes is standing outside. "I'm here to see Damon." She tells Stefan.

"Uh, sure. Ok." Stefan acknowledges and a moment later Damon comes to the doorway.

"Sheriff. What a surprise." He greets.

"Sorry to bother you, but we need to talk." She tells him.

"Come in." He waves Liz into the house and shuts the door before leading her out into the back courtyard. "Um, I hope you understand the secrecy. Stefan doesn't know about this yet and I'd like to keep it that way."

"Of course, kids are too young to be brought into this." She agrees.

"So, what do you need?" He asks.

"There's been another attack. A female victim, her throat torn out, completely drained of blood. It fits the pattern." She tells him.

He looks at her shocked. "I'm sorry. I don't understand. I thought we solved that problem when I..." He glances back. "...staked the blond one."

"I'm thinking she must have turned someone. Or multiple someone's. I don't know." The Sheriff admits.

Inside the house, Stefan is using his vamp hearing to listen in to Liz and Damon's conversation.

"The story for the town is another animal attack." Liz continues. "But I'm not sure how long we can keep lying to them. The council is in an uproar. We thought we were past this."

"So, uh, what do we do?" Damon asks.

"You're the only one who's ever taken on a vampire. We were hoping you could tell us." She admits.

....................................................

Ember, Elena and Bonnie are walking down the hall of the High School and there are posters for career night everywhere. They see Caroline and Matt walking together at the other end.

"Did I miss something?" Elena asks.

"They've been hanging out." Ember shrugs.

"Kind of weird, don't you think?" Elena wonders.

Bonnie shrugs and tells them both. "She needs someone nice like him, as opposed to a homicidal vampire like Damon." She gives Ember a serious look.

"Yeah, how are you doing with all that?" Elena asks.

"I'm freaked out. Damon attacked me. I could be dead right now if it weren't for Ember and Stefan." She shrugs. "But I'm also grateful."

"Hmm?" Elena looks surprised.