As I was waiting I started scrolling on Twitter but that ain't last too long as there was a knock on my window. I looked over seeing it was no other but my dad with my mama beside him tow. I opened the passenger door for her and as she got in he began to speak.

"Damn you scared to come inside or something," he said with a sarcastic tone, I guess he caught hisself tryna be playful but I wasn't feeling it.

I deeply sighed as I gave my reply, "why would I be scared?" i dryly questioned as to which he then said, "I'm messing with you kid, what you can't say hi to your pops no more."

Before I could say anything my mama opened her mouth, "alright De'andre you taking up our time y'all can talk later."

I was already feeling tension so I just quickly said how I would catch up with him when I drop mom back off to which he nodded at before closing her door and stepping back as I started the car back up.

Once out the neighborhood my passenger princess for the night decided to start the conversation, "you smell like skunk."

Alright what a way to initiate conversation I thought to myself.

"And what do skunk smell like ma," I said plainly not really wanting to pull a rant from out of her.

"They smell like you, why you smoking that stuff on your way over to me," she stated with a matter of fact tone that ended with an authoritative one.

I slightly rolled my eyes before replying, "why old folks always talking bout how weed smell like skunk like where y'all get that from don't skunks stink." I ended off questioning as I quickly glanced over at her.

"Who's old folks boo I'm young and turnt," she stated while shimmying in her seat.

I busted out laughing, "please don't say that ever again, it don't even sound right coming from you." I swear she stay tryna use new slang.

"Anyway, skunks stink and that pot stink," she responded to my earlier question, "and answer me."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, ignoring her use of the word 'pot' "answer what?" I said giving her another quick glance.

"Why was you smoking that stuff on your way over to me!" she reiterate.

"I ain't smoke nothing on my way to you, I smoked BEFORE!" i exclaimed in actuality.

I heard her 'tsk', "and why?" she lastly questioned.

Over this conversation topic already I just gave out a simple answer, "it's my medicine," I stated with a nonchalant shrug.

She howled out with laughter like it was the funniest shit she ever heard, "now Dakota you know damn well what you smoke is not prescribed."

I softly chuckled at her statement and expression, "it's cheaper from the plug than it is from the doctors."

She slapped my shoulder at my lie which caused me to finally let out a loud laugh. These are the times I enjoy and miss, being able to joke and laugh together.

"Whatever you say child of mine, where you taking me," the older version of me said as she looked out the window seeing our passings, ending our small conversation.

                                       <33

N.S

I've been home from Diah house for about four hours now, since I've done my extensional research.

After that I pulled out my MacBook to go over my schedule to see what I had coming up for the start of next week. As I was finishing that up my phone started ringing, displaying the contact name I have for Indiah's cousin.