THIRTY FOUR: mate

Start from the beginning

Despite the usual comfort this show brought to me, my mind was a world away from me. I desperately tried to turn my attention to anything, but Logan was the only thing that consumed my thoughts.

Why wouldn't he tell me?

I had opened up quite a bit of my past to him, yet the stuff he told me was all a lie. Something so fictional, I wondered how it was so easy for him to tell me those things.

All the research I had done, all the night I spent looking for answers about that wolf in the woods- stood right there in my grasp.

He knew and he wouldn't utter a peep, not even a slight inclination of what he truly was under the surface.

I was never supposed to find out.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried to push the tears away. All I could've asked for was the truth.

I felt myself sinking deeper into the sofa as my thoughts continued to spew about the mysterious man I had fallen in love with. My eyes grew heavy and I was falling deeper and deeper into an abyss.

I was lying cold and abandoned in the woods. The dark hollow woods brought shivers down my back as I lay unmoving. The leaves brushed against the ground and clued me in on how alone I felt right now.

I couldn't help but hold my breath as tightly as I could to not make any noise and I waited for him.

I could sense him approaching me with an eerie sense in my body. The goosebumps trailed down my body as I anticipated his arrival. If only I knew the way out of these woods, I could free myself of the danger I felt.

"Mate." Logan's voice lowly called out, almost like it was pleading with me. The low hum soothed my pounding thoughts, easing something I couldn't quite comprehend.

Logan appeared in front of me, shirtless with a big gash across his bare chest. The blood kept seeping out of him while he stopped right in front of me. He slowly dipped down to his knees and grasped onto my hands.

"God, you're so beautiful." Logan frantically searched my eyes, and I could tell he could feel every sensation buzzing off my skin.

"I can't do this-" I pleaded with tears welling up in my eyes.

Logan's head dipped lowly in acceptance, his body shook at my rejection. "I know." Was all he said, he knew I wasn't strong enough to accept the fate of his being.

The red gushing blood continued to seep out of the large gash across his chest as he kneeled in front of me. It was rushing out of the deep cut faster and faster as I continued to watch him. What happened?

"Logan, you're bleeding out." I coughed, almost tempted to touch him.

"I know, baby." Logan's voice breathed out and he finally looked up at him. Those harsh yellow eyes I had known all too well from the wolf were burning into my skull.

"You need help- we need to get to a doctor or something-" I pleaded, dragging my knees closer to him. The harsh ground burned my skin and tore easily at my knees.

I reached my hands out to grasp onto him, determined I'll save him from the gash bleeding from his body. I slowly placed my hand on top of his shoulder glaze when Logan mystified into a bliss of nothing.

A fathom of someone not even there.

I woke up with a sharp gasp leaving my body as I attempted to calm my heart rate down. I grasped onto my chest and felt like my heart was about to jump out of my chest. The emotions were waving off my body as I did everything in my power to not let out a scream.