|11|

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ᵃⁿ ᴴᵒⁿᵒʳ

Maria's eyes fluttered opened and she looked at her boyfriend who was sound asleep beside her. She hummed. The past two days went by, Maria and Bradley spending countless amount of time with each other but Maria didn't mind it, as she enjoyed his presence.

Maria snuggled closer to Bradley, which he wrapped his arm around her and held onto her tightly. Maria looked up and Bradley made eye contact with her. She smiled. "Today's the day." Maria said. "Yeah..." Bradley said. "Promise me, you'll come home safely." Maria said. "You have to Promise me as well." Bradley said. "I Promise." Maria said as she pressed a kiss against his lips, he smiled through the kiss.

.......................

Bambi, Thumper and Moose looked at each other. Maverick, Ghost and Scoob made their way into the room along with Cyclone and Warlock. Bambi would be lying if she had been up and down through the night. She hoped everyone she cares about comes home safely.

Bambi looked over at her boyfriend, she hummed before facing forward. Her and Her father made eye contact with each other. Worry hit Ghost pretty quick, he hoped his daughter comes home safely from this dangerous mission.

"It's been an honor flying with you. Each of you represents the best of the best. Which this mission only few can go, this was a difficult choice to make but this decision was solely based off of who would not only be able to handle the mission but to get the mission done." Maverick explained. Bambi bit the inside of her cheek.

"Choose your two foxtrot teams." The Admiral starts, nobody moving a muscle. "Payback and Fanboy, Phoenix and Bob." Maverick starts. Phoenix and Bob looked at each other in response. Payback and Fanboy continued to look forward. "your two wing men." Maverick looked at Rooster and then at Bambi as the duo wasn't make any sort of contact. "Rooster and Bambi." Bambi and Rooster looked up at Maverick.  "The bait." Then Maverick looked at Thumper. "Thumper is a good choice." Scoob mumbled.  "Thumper." Maverick said as Thumper's breath hitch as did Bob's.

"The rest of you will stand by on the carrier for any reserve role that's required. Dismissed." Admiral said.

.........................

They decided time to target would be two minutes and thirty seconds, she was a little relieved but still worried. Bambi was walking to her plane while Thumper was walking to hers, They both saw Hangman, Bambi and Thumper was expecting the snarky comment coming but instead he puts a hand on their  shoulders. "Give em' hell, you two!" He tells them. They noticed a hint of worry in his voice. "Believe me, We will, every one else will as well!" She exclaimed. Bambi and Thumper walked off.

Moose ran to the duo, "Looking for Phoenix, she's over there." Bambi said as she pointed over to the direction but Moose pulled both of them into a hug. "You two, come home safe." Moose said. "Be on stand by with Hangman, we're going to need you in case." Thumper said. She saw Bob with Phoenix. "I'll come with you." Thumper said. Moose chuckled. Bambi saw Rooster by his plane, she nodded. Moose and Thumper headed over to the duo.

Moose pulled Phoenix into a tight hug. "You come home safe." Moose mumbled. "I promise, you stay sane." Phoenix said with a slight smile. "I don't know about that." Moose said as Phoenix chuckled. "But you bet your ass I'll be on stand by, ready to go the second they need hangman and I." Moose assured her. Phoenix kissed his cheek. "Besides Thumper has the more worrying task at hand." Moose said. "Don't remind me." Thumper said as she and Bob made eye contact with each other.

She smiled at him as her eyes began to water. He pulled her into a hug, "You are going to come home safely, I know it." Bob told her. "I have the most scary task at hand." Thumper told him. Bob kissed the top of her head. "You are one of the toughest and boldest pilots I know, you got this." Bob assured her. "You think so?" Thumper questioned. "I know so." Bob assured her once more.

"I think it's safe to say that Bob changed Thumper here, you are completely soft for him." Moose said. "Not to much, she's still our tough and bold Thumper." Phoenix added. "I'm lucky gal." Thumper said as she looked at Bob. "Oh no, I'm going to argue that I'm the lucky one." Bob said as she chuckled at him

Bambi approached her boyfriend, she smiled softly at him. He pulled her into hug. They stood in silence while the commotion was happening around them.

Bambi held onto Rooster, "We're Wing men, I saw that coming." Rooster said. "Yeah, well, if I'm being honest, it's a little nerve wracking." Bambi said. "Yeah." Rooster replied. Bambi saw Maverick and she hummed which Rooster listen. "We should go talk to Maverick, I mean he's right there." Bambi mumbled. Rooster nodded.

"Maverick!' Both Bambi and Rooster called out which he looked over at them. "I uh.." Rooster said then becoming speechless not knowing what to say, Bambi had no words to say. Then they call everyone to their planes. "Three of us... we'll talk, when the three of us get back." Maverick said to the both of them. They both nodded. As they both started to walk away, "Bradley and Maria!" Maverick called out which caused them to both look back at him. "You two got this!" He called out and they nodded.

As they came up to Rooster's plane, Rooster side hug Bambi and pressed a kiss onto her cheek. "Good luck Darling." He said to her. She smiled at him. "You too, My love." She said as they parted ways.

Thumper waited for Bambi. She smiled at her best friend. "You okay?" Bambi asked. "Just a little scared." Thumper said. "Now understand why dad gave up an opportunity to not to go to top gun." Thumper added. "And he would kick your ass if you dipped this mission, listen to me, your going to be fine. I'll have your back in an instant." Bambi said, sternly. "Just think on him." Bambi added. "How proud he would be... you'll get to tell him about lover boy when you see your parents next time." Bambi said which caused Thumper's cheeks to redden. "Good luck Thump." Bambi said. "You too Bam." 

Bambi saluted, then hopped into her plane. "We got this, we got this." 

"Mom..."