|0|

30 ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ.....

"He pissed off who?" Scoob asked his daughter on the phone. "Admiral Cain familiar to you, I'm friends with his grand daughter, she filled me in, sound familiar?" His daughter Melody "Venom" Dalton asked. "Unfortunately Uncle Ghost, along with Maverick and Goose, even myself used to press his buttons during our days at Top Gun." Scoob admitted to his daughter. 

"Like spilling coffee on him?" Venom questioned her father. "Now, that fool should've know better not to drink coffee in a flyby tower, especially with people like Maverick and Ghost." Scoob spatted which made Venom chuckle at her father. 

"What did Maverick do?" Scoob then asked. "He tested out something, Cain wanted it stopped but you know Maverick but it didn't ended up well, now I heard he's on his way back to Top Gun." Venom explained. "Top Gun?" Scoob questioned. "Supposedly fifteen graduates are being called back for an important mission, I know Iceman and Ghost had intel on this mission so I'm guessing they had something to do with Maverick but wait I thought Uncle Ghost wasn't on good terms with Maverick?" Venom questioned.

"He isn't but if sees a good opportunity for Maverick, he'll help Maverick anyway to get that said opportunity." Scoob answered. "A month or so until i'm home." Venom said. "I can't wait for you to be home sweetheart." Scoob said as he began to ponder. 

"Dad you got quiet, what are you thinking about?"

"Could you imagine what would happened if they asked me?" 

"This...would end up in a disaster." 

"I figure you would say that."

..............

Maverick walks inside making his way in, he froze as he saw the photos on the wall, Himself, Ghost, Valor and Iceman with Scoob and Slider not that far behind. So much has happened in thirty years, but within they lost connection.

"Captain Pete "Maverick" Mitchell. Your reputation precedes you." Cyclone said.

"Thank you, sir." Maverick responded.

"It wasn't a compliment." Cyclone replied.

"I'm Admiral Beau Simpson, I'm the Air Boss." Cyclone responded. Then he pointed to the man beside him. "This is Rear Admiral Bates."

"Warlock, sir. I must admit, I wasn't expecting an invitation back." Maverick respond.

Warlock stared at Maverick blankly, "They're called orders, Maverick." Warlock responded. "You two have something in common." Warlock continues. "Cyclone, here, was first in his class back in '88."

Maverick thought back on his days at Top Gun. "Actually sir, I finished second after first place was a tie." Maverick corrected. "Just want to manage expectations." Maverick smiled, trying to get Cyclone to ease up even the slightest bit but he wasn't budging.

Warlock acknowledged the awkward tension in the room and nodded towards the TVs behind Maverick, "The..... target." He pressed a button on the control panel in front of him, transitioning the TV screen from its default screen to a blueprint plan. "There's an unsanctioned uranium enrichment plant built in violation of multilateral NATO treaty. The uranium produced there represents a direct threat to our allies in the region."

"The Pentagon has tasked us with assembling a strike team and taking it out, before it becomes fully operational." The blueprints zoomed out to show a mock-up of its geography. "The plant sits in an underground bunker at the end of this valley." The screen switched to the valley's median plane. "Said valley is GPS- jammed and defended by an extensive surface-to-air missile array serving a limited number of fifth-generation fighters, which, in turn, are backed up by a plentiful reserve of surplus aircraft. Even a couple of F-14s."