𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

"(NAME), A LETTER FROM DURHAM CAME FOR YOU," Louis handed the envelope with the university's wax seal to (name), whose name was written on the letter

(Name) was terribly exhausted after working on a solo mission to dismantle a sex trafficking ring for the past week. She still had to continue finding safe placement for all victims affected, the incident itself had unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it although (name) would much rather have little to no attention on such incidents) made it's way into the newspapers so she had to deal with that too. She was planning on buying that particular newspaper company just to make them keep quiet despite how large it was, but it seemed the current owner was quiet irritating and even worse, a newspaper tycoon.

The mission wasn't fun. Of course it wouldn't be, but (name) would usually feel at least some sort of satisfaction in killing the bastards, but dealing with the aftermath of so many poor women and even children needing to be given housing and stable jobs, it was difficult no matter how wealthy the noblewoman was because of Britain's pathetic economy, all thanks to those aristocrats. She had to infiltrate the ring herself through various unethical means which a certain blond had objected to but it was her mission so (name) told him she could do as she please if it was for the sake of helping others.

Once she had finally managed to completely wipe out its higher ups, she could focus on the more straining part. Josephine had been sent to do some surveying for (name) while she worked on providing income for these women. She had contemplated buying a factory up in Manchester where the industrial revolution seemed to be thriving. If she was able to create suitable and safe working conditions with fair living wages, that could be a possibility to aide her in this endeavour to provide jobs for these women

(Name) took the letter curiously as she sat beside William while they had their morning tea together as usual in the London manor. William placed his cup down on its China saucer with a clank and peaked over (name)'s shoulder with his hand on her thigh, equally interested.

Following Williams's recommendation, (name) had finally managed to secure an interview at Durham university. She had initially expected that if she were to teach at university (which had been her passion and initial life plan before becoming her parents' only heir) , it would likely be in a Scottish university where it had seemed to be less competitive, but that would have required (name) to move to another residence which prompted her husband to pull a few strings in order to help his wife work alongside him.