𝐗𝐕

"YOU DID WHAT?!"

"YOU DID WHAT?!"

"I invited your parents." Albert said as he sipped on his wine "They are our family, after all."

(Name) looked at him ,dumbfounded, then sat down with her head in her hands.

Her parents were to visit the UK for political reasons, as usual, and Albert had foolishly invited them to stay at their London manor for a day or two without consulting either her or William, who was sat beside (name), rubbing her shoulder sympathetically.

'It's as if he wants us to get found out..' (name) thought with a sigh

"When are they due to arrive?" William asked. He had no issue with (name)'s parents, in fact he was rather fond of them, but this was all so sudden..

Albert took another sip of his wine "Friday..they'll probably only be here for two days and one night, don't fret."

"Well you clearly have no worries regarding anything," (name) sweat dropped. "You do understand that there's a possibility our schemes will be unearthed..I suspect mother is already on to me regarding the contract marriage..father is still blinded by the fact he has the perfect 'son-in-law' and an excellent heir to the title of Grand Duke.."

In 19th century Britain, if you were the 'spare' child in the nobility who wouldn't inherit a proper title (such as Duke, Marquis, Earl, Viscount, Baron etc.) the most suitable option to secure a good status would be to marry someone with one of those titles, or an heir to one. This applied especially for spare sons who usually would marry female heirs to titles in order to easily gain a title. This would mean that his bloodline would then become one with a higher title, the main issue was, however, that some of these women could be especially picky when choosing their husbands.

When the marriage between (name) and William was first announced, many had assumed that William was simply securing himself, not one, but two titles. (Name) was the only eligible heir to her Uncle ,the Marquis and her parent's grand dukedom. If William were to marry her, he would secure two titles for his future offspring.

Of course, we all know William was not interested in these titles at all. If he had to inherit them, he would, but he would much rather not. Titles meant nothing to him, the aristocracy was what he was fighting against.