𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

"THIS JOB SOUNDS URGENT, DOESN'T IT?"  Louis said as he shut the curtains in William's office

"THIS JOB SOUNDS URGENT, DOESN'T IT?" Louis said as he shut the curtains in William's office.

"Yes, we'll be executing it shortly," William said as he shuffled through some papers with (name) "We'll leave the mansion in your care, Louis."

(Name) looked over to the reflection of Louis' face in the glass window, shaded by the maroon curtains. Something was troubling him.

"Once again..I am left behind."

(Name) placed the sleeping kitten from her lap into her husbands and took that as her cue to leave so the brothers could speak freely, whispering a short "please excuse me" on her way out.

If Louis was feeling such a way, being distant from his own brother, surely (name) thought she was behaving similarly towards her own closest person. She was about to walk to her own bedroom to change into more suitable attire for combat, then, as if her legs were moving without her control, she creaked down the stairs and knocked on Josephine's door.

She paused as she held her fist against the wooden surface. Would it be cruel to tell her she could come with them? Perhaps Josephine would feel an obligation to go even if she didn't wish to. The case seemed as if it would be a sensitive issue for the girl.

(Name) had felt so numb recently to the extent she only spoke a few passing words to Josephine, who she would usually talk to about things not even William or the others would know of, such as her personal plans which involved supporting other struggling countries under the empires rule or gathering blackmail against various government officials for future use. And yet, she couldn't even speak to her about one thing. One simple thing.

'How selfish..'

"My lady?" Josephine called as she opened the door "Is there anything you need..? I've already checked your weapons and the rest of your gear, forgive me if I've been negligent in my duties.."

(Name)'s eyes softened at the girl and placed her hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry." She whispered with a melancholic smile.

"What..Whatever for..?" She stammered as she looked up to (name). "Your ladyship, are you alright?"