Chap 24

Cars plying the same route every day have become a familiar sight to drivers and backseat passengers. Nam still takes on the role of the family's chauffeur, as no one in the family knows that Nam and Saifah were formerly friends. So after the case happened, the police questioned everyone, and did not find any suspicious points, Nam also seemed to have become a housekeeper, continuing to take care of the inside and outside of this house. Moreover, now that Saifah has also pleaded guilty as a suspect, this house is back to peace as before.

After Saifah's arrest, Nam had to shoulder the responsibility of taking care of Mrs. Ging, but this form of care was only about occasionally helping out when the opportunity arose. Because thanks to the rehabilitation after the surgery, resting for a while, Mrs. Ging can walk more easily. Nam thinks grandma's as strong as Saifah, but no one mentions his friend's name at the moment.

Nam stopped the car in front of the hospital door, and invited Mrs. Ging to get off the car, wait for him to park in the back parking lot and then also go up to the floor, Mr. Gong's ward. After passing the dangerous stage, Mr. Gong's condition is also considered stable. But because he was still in a coma, the doctors transferred him to a general resuscitation room to keep him alive with the necessary medical equipment.

Today, Nam thought that as usual, he would receive news from the doctor who came to check on Mr. Gong before ten in the morning, saying that his condition was stable, there was no need to worry. But when the door of the recovery room opened and he heard the familiar voice of the primary care doctor, Nam sped quickly toward the ward to get a better look at Mr. Gong's condition.

"The patient has begun to react."

"It wasn't just my imagination, was it? I saw my baby's fingers move."

"Family come and see." The primary care physician slowly pressed the rounded tip of the pen into Mr. Gong's palm, and soon the lying man began to react with fingertip movements.

"Son..." Mrs. Ging looked at her son happily.

"Patients like this will certainly recover quickly. Because in previous cases, when such a reaction occurs, the patient's body is gradually recovering."

However, amidst the joy of the doctors and nurses who have taken good care of the patients from the very beginning, and Mrs. Ging who prays every day for her son to be safe and healthy again, there is someone who knows everything but doesn't want Mr. Gong to wake up.

In a narrow alley there is a row of ruined houses, this place is almost deserted. But no one knew that one of those buildings was the hideout of loan shark magnate Jeng, who lived here and made a fortune opening casinos here.

The tall, thin man hurried toward the office of the man who was both his cousin and boss. He did not dare to tell him this over the phone, because he was worried about the content of the discussion, so he wanted to come here by himself.

"Nam."

The big brother's greeting surprised the gray eyes of the man, because he did not see the other person sitting at a distance from the door where he was standing.

"What's wrong with you? So excited, don't you need to serve the old lady in the other house?"

Jeng sat leaning against the couch, resting his feet on the low table in front of him and holding several famous watches in his hands, gazing at them with satisfaction.

"The owner of the house I shot is about to wake up!"

Nam exclaimed in panic, taking the opportunity of Mrs. Ging to rejoice over Mr. Gong's latest situation, he sneaked out and informed his cousin. What is certain is that he and Jeng have something to do with what happened at the kanghan's house that night.