|15|: Refusal/اِنکار

Start from the beginning

Now who am I to destroy his masterpiece because I couldn't get a grip over my life? What will that say about me? Would my brother be disappointed in me? Would he be regretting his decision because I'm acting like a freaking ten years old? No I have to move past my insecurities. No matter what I can't give up on the company. This is a gift from my brother. A way to finally pull my life back on track. This is the time to fight. Not to rest. This could either be good or bad.

Only time will tell.
~~~~~~

"Where are you lost?"
I heard Altamash's annoyed voice. I shook my head and he let out a frustrated huff. What is the matter with this man? He's been acting off lately. Always annoyed and snappy. Is something bothering him? That must be it. I cleared my throat and asked him

"Are you okay?"

He must have guessed that I was picking up on his behaviour because he sighed heavily. His shoulders dropped and he plopped down on the chair.

"Yeah. It's just stuff." He waved his hand in the air like it was nothing.

Right and I am the freaking King of England.

If this man thinks that I'm buying his pathetic excuse than he should see himself out. There's definitely something that's been nagging him and he is being such a stubborn rude jerk to not share it with me. We've been friends since diapers days for God's sake.

"I don't believe that." He huffed while I glared at him. He finally let go of his defenses and said in a low voice

"Same case with my father. He's been sad that I am nothing but a disappointment."

He scoffed in the end. It was sad to watch how he was trying to hide the hurt from his eyes that had been caused by his very own father. They had a really big fall out in his early university days. I know the story, but it's not mine to tell. But I know one thing that whatever happened was very unfortunate. Unfair at some point.

"You should ignore him."

I spatted angrily. I know Altamash like the back of my hand. He has talent and skills to work in the most prestigious organization yet he still chose to help me and that shows what a brilliant human being he is. And if anyone says otherwise they better have their brain check. I know his father is a strict man. He shows little to no emotion. But in the end, he is his father, so he should be a little careful of his words. It's his son receiving those words.

"Yeah I've been doing it for the last two years." He stated. Some moments went by in complete silence. None of us spoke. He finally cleared his throat and said

"So tonight's the night?"

I shrugged. My family will be going to Bhabhi's to ask for her hand in marriage. She has completed her iddah. I scoffed at the word Bhabhi.

Am I still calling her that when I have agreed to marry her?

Disgust surrounded my body. This isn't right. I can't marry Zainab. She's like a sister to me. How can I? I know one thing for sure. If she refuses to marry me than this marriage will never take place. Whatever she says goes.

And no one can change that.
~~~~~~~

I stopped the car in front of the big golden gates. Ammi, Natalia and Dadi Ammi stepped out of the car while my father still sat with me inside. I felt his frail hand over my shoulder and heard him speak

"Are you okay?" I faintly nodded. I don't know what I'm feeling.

"Baba if she refuses than no one will force her." I made my point clear.

"Of course." We both stepped out of the car and by the time we walked to the entrance the gates had already been opened. Jaweria Aunty greeted us. This woman is like sunshine herself. Being the second wife of Irtiza Mamo, she's still the politest people in this whole mansion.

We entered inside and I instantly spotted him at the end of the hall. He was smoking his cigar. I saw Ammi walked towards him. They chatted in whispers but their postures were stiff and it looks like two stranger's were talking. We all sat down and Dadi Amma said

"The sole purpose of this visit is to ask for your daughters hand in marriage for Subhan. It's soon, but we love to bring our daughter back to our home."

I could see Irtiza Mamo clenching his jaw. He isn't a very easy person to talk to. Always scowling and monitoring people as if to spot their weaknesses.

"I have no issue. But her Haq Meher will be decided by us." I have zero problem with that. It's her right alone.

"We want her to have 50% share of Hammad's company."

My father looked at me and I know he was thinking the same. This looks like a deal. My gut feeling told me that it's not right. Before anyone of us could say anything we heard a loud voice

"What's happening here?" I craned my neck to see Zainab Bhabhi. She looked weak and frail. But she looks angry. Irtiza Mamo stood up and said to her

"Go to your room." But she stood her ground. She looked at Ammi and said

"Why are you here, Khala?"

Ammi broke eye contact with her and stood up. She walked up to her and tried to calm her down

"Zainab listen to me. I know this is new, but it'll be alright."

Her eyes finally collided with me and I saw the betray in her eyes and that made me want to die. I dropped my head and heard her

"How could you? How could all of you?" She shouted. Irtiza Mamo tried to walk towards her, but Jaweria Aunty stopped him.

"No matter what happens, I will never marry him. How can you think like this? This won't happen." She cried in the end. I could hear the pain in each of her words. I glanced at my father and I know he was seeing her pain.

"You should calm down a bit and then decide with a clear mind." She threw Ammi's arms away from her body and said

"You were the one who came here with Hammad for our marriage. You know how much I love him. So, no I don't need time to decide anything. I will never marry again. Not to him, not to anyone else."

She stormed upstairs after announcing her decision. Irtiza Mamo looked like a ticking bomb. Ammi sighed and walked back to us. Baba stood up and said

"We should deal with this matter with a clear and cool mind. Let her relax and we'll discuss it later."

All of us quietly walked out of the hall. Ammi looked close to tears. We all settled inside the car and I pulled the engine to life.

If she says no, I'll not anyone force her to say otherwise.
•••••••••••

Salam everyone.
I decided to add a pov for a change and honestly I didn't like the way the chapter turned out. So I'll still be continuing in third person's pov.
Enjoy. Vote comment and share.
Till then, Allah Hafiz.