Chapter Seven

Beginne am Anfang

Moving away from the window I got into the ten by ten foot bed I had built for me and stared at the ceiling in hopes of getting the sleep that I'd been trying to get most of the night.

Eventually my eyes got heavy near four in the morning and I fell into sleeps domain with dreams of a particular woman's lips.

<><><>

Waking up to my alarm I rolled out from under the blankets and pulled on comfy pants and a hoodie for my morning run and swiftly went downstairs as quietly as I could before pulling on sneakers and leaving my villa. Jogging away with music playing in my ears I began heading towards Vesima knowing that the jog would take me two hours as it always did meaning I could start my work by nine once I was home and had gotten ready for my day.

I also didn't bring security, everyone who knew better stayed away and though I knew I was in the heart of my territory I carried a knife incase I needed to defend myself I also had a gun but it was designed to not be large enough to be noticed something I'd likely gift Aria to defend herself if the need ever arose.

Eventually I got back to my home and was swiftly let back inside before I made my way to the foyer and entered smelling food being cooked from the kitchen and deciding I'd go to see what it was once I was ready for my day.

Continuing with my routine I cleaned off after my jog, styled my hair, did my skincare, cleaned up the appearance of my facial hair and spritzed cologne on the clothing I had chosen to wear today which was a pullover and black chinos. Going back downstairs I walked down the hallway past the breakfast nook and into the kitchen I had with two islands and more modern traditional design to it compared to the modern renaissance style of the rest of the house.

Arianna stood with a white button up over her shoulders and her hair up in a messy bun with her back to me as she stood at the stove.

"Taking advantage of the traditionalist teachings of your Familia?" I muse and she whipped around for me to realize that she'd changed from the blue set she'd worn last night to a black one and she looked stunning to the point that I was glad I lived alone with her to be the only one to see her like this.

"Yes, also don't mind my clothing, it's all I have until I go shopping later for other clothes," Aria says returning to her cooking and I stared for a moment before replying taking her in as she stood in the middle of the black and white kitchen.

"Please tell me you're not going out in public in an almost sheer button up and black lingerie?" I challenge the thought of her being leered at bothered me so much so, that I would order her sizes taken and one of my staff to pick her up some if needed.

"And if I am?" she shot back as if she had intended to tease me, too make me feel jealous. Pressing the feeling down I stared at her with narrowed eyes.

"Then I will make every man who stares at your perfect body disappear. Just to preserve your honour," I smirk feeling how mirthless the gesture was and not particularly caring. I'd made people disappear for things as small as minor acts of disrespect towards my Capos. The crimson carpets I always had people's bodies wrapped in were to represent their blood making my empire stronger.

A Don was supposed to be feared and revered and often those two things didn't go hand in hand if efficiency was replaced by emotion. My Underbosses wouldn't question my authority to have them remove every man that saw Aria as she was now to one of our interrogation houses likely the white house which was used for civilian interrogation but also where banquets were often held. Liguria had been my region to control as Underboss when I had been such, and though it had been my playground I had initially viewed it as my father keeping a tight leash on me.