SIXTY - SEVEN !

CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN
IRL

triplets house, 7.45pm

   CHRIS WAS TRYING HIS HARDEST TO focus on the conversation flowing between his friends at that moment but the only thing racing around his brain was Bella. She hadn't text him. It had only been an hour, but he so nervous for her. He prayed all day that she would return to him with her bright smile he loved seeing painted on her lips instead of tear stained cheeks, trembling lips and red eyes.

Whatever the outcome, he would be right there. He had told himself all day not to be selfish with her. Knowing, when she returned all he would want to do is drag her to his room so she could tell him everything. He wanted to be the first to hug her and comfort her if it went wrong. But that wasn't fair. She needed all of them, not just him.

He couldn't be selfish with Bella.

"Fucking hell, I'm so nervous." Aiden let out a sigh, rubbing his clamming hands together. "I really want it to go well for her."

"I have a bad feeling." Amara spoke in a small tone. She had felt it all day. The moment Bella stepped foot outside the door she wanted to drag her back in and beg her not to go.

"Oh don't say that." Nick groaned, running a hand through his hair. "That girl deserves so much better than what she got."

There was a knock on the door, making them all jump up frantically. Only to see Mary Lou at the door frame. The wrong door was knocked.

"Anyone heard from her yet."

"No." They all said in unison, staring around the room and each other in silence for a few moments after that. Fingers secretly crossed, praying for their friend.

"I mean it's been an hour, if something bad was gonna happen she would be back by now."

"I don't know, that woman will try her best to keep up the sobriety act." They heard Mary Lou scoff, all heads turning towards her.

"You think she's lying?" Chris asked, watching his mother's eyes divert to him with a knowing look.

They had a similar conversation just last night, when she found him in the kitchen panicking. Afraid that if it went bad he wouldn't know how to comfort her at the moment, petrified that Bella would shut herself off from everyone, him, after being let down again by her mom. She would have every right to if she did but he wouldn't be able to live with it.

Mary Lou sat with her youngest for an hour after that, reassuring him whether it went wrong or it turned out okay that Bella was so strong and wouldn't push him away.

"That woman is evil, Chris." Was all she replied before walking away from the group of teenagers.

the night before

"I've never seen you so worked up, Chris. And especially over Bella. Only when you two were younger and had another argument." Mary Lou giggled while rubbing his back, softly.

"It's different, ma." He huffed, running his hands over his face. His mind trained on the beautiful girl sleeping upstairs in his bed. "You should of heard her the other night speaking about it."

"The other night? You having sleepovers I don't know about?" She teased, only earning an eye roll in reply.

"I want it to go perfect for her. I want her to come back, grinning like a kid on christmas. It's what she deserves."