REMINISCING TIME

August. 18. 2023.

Climbing the mountain that you'd climbed everyday for a whole year was a gruelling task. You'd forgotten how much of a workout it was to walk this much. Or maybe you'd just lost all physical skills you'd learned and worked on in your year at Kunigigaoka Junior High.

"Hey!" Someone called. You turned around, and practically gaped in shock at the sight of so many of your old friends. Taking your earbuds out, you waved at them.

"Hi guys! I'd come and run to hug you right now, but that can wait til we get to the top of the mountain, right?"

Yada and Fuwa ran to you, crushing you with their hugs. You laughed as you put your arm around their shoulders. "I missed you guys too."

"You completely lost touch with us!" Fuwa shouted, hitting your shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I forgot my Japanese, I thought you'd make fun of me if we were on call," you joked, as Hara and Megu made it behind the three of you. "But seriously, I just got overwhelmed there. But I'm back now! And I will make sure we are all constantly in touch!"

"I'd like that!" Okajima yelled, making Megu reach back to flick his forehead.

"You all look so different," you commented. "Like Fuwa, your hair is so nice, it suits you so well!"

"I know! I started cutting it this way like... actually, it's been a while? Like two years?"

"Well I've been gone four so I've missed a bunch, haven't I?" You looked over at Yada, glancing down at her boobs. "Is your back okay, Toka?"

She shook her head, frowning. "It hasn't been since elementary. But hey, going to a club with me is always fun."

As you reached the top of the mountain, you turned around to look back at everyone. "Isogai! Maehara! Tell me your secrets boys! How do you look the same, just taller?"

"What can we say, we were just blessed with youth," Maehara grinned, flicking his hair, before looking down on you. "You clearly didn't get the same gift."

Isogai shoved Maehara. "He's kidding. You look great."

You stuck your tongue out at Maehara. "This is why I have favourites."

He stuck his tongue back out at you before talking a bit louder so the whole group would hear. "Oh yeah, our movie star said she'd try to show- well there she is, we have a celebrity!"

You looked ahead, to see Kayano near the flower beds, turning to take in the fact that everyone was here.

Kayano jogged over, and Yada commented on her outfit. "You're in costume! Are you sure you have time for all this?"

"Sure, I snuck off the set during my lunch break," Kayano waved her off. "I can't let you do the heavy lifting without me."

Making eye contact with you, Kayano gave you a small wave, which you mimicked, with a small smile.

"Okay people!" Isogai announced, jiggling the keys in his hand. "Let's get this place to code!"

"Alright!" Everyone cheered, following his lead.

"Class president til the end, huh?" Fuwa joked.

"Hey!" Isogai grinned. "You're the ones who gave me the keys!"

"What can we say man," Maehara sighed. "We know who best to delegate this sort of thing too!"

Everyone quietly appreciated the beauty of the class, as they stepped inside. The sign above the classroom, that you used to see everyday, never appreciating the fact that one day, soon, you wouldn't be able to enter this classroom with the same people again. The old curtains, still intact, blew from the breeze. The worn out tables, with cuts in them from trying to stab at Korosensei. The old schedules, a doodle of Koro Sensei that was drawn in with marker in the corner of the blackboard. Everything right where it should be.