1

Emma's pov
I groan getting kicked and punched and I stand and fight back as always. I keep punching him and leave him in the alley. Some prick that hates us Blinders and thought me an easy target to tear em down. An easy target to fuck as well. Prick. I spit blood and hold my ribs cursing. They're gonna fuckin kill him and then we'll have a war on our hands. Fuckin aye. I make it to the Shelby house and open the door. Polly sees me first "fucking hell Em! What the bloody hell happened to you? Cmon I got ya. Ada get the kit!" Setting me in a chair. I smoke a cigarette "trust me Pol the other guy looks worse than I do" "you gonna tell Tommy bout this or hide it like last time" she asks me.

I wave her off "I'm just a bit bruised I'll live Pol" coughing blood into the trash. "That's not good Em. Ya gotta go to the hospital if you're coughing blood lass" she tells me. I chuckle "I'm alright. Stitch whatever you have to and I'll be on my way" "what the bloody hell happened to you?" John asks and I chuckle "trust me John. The prick looks worse" drinking. John says "that ain't what I asked you Em" pol says "I asked her what happened and thats what she told me as well"

John asks "this the carpenter brothers again?" I chuckle "I think stabbing one helped get the message across" Arthur comes in worried too but says "I won't ask because you won't answer. But what the hell?" I spit more blood wincing at the pain in my ribs. "We gotta tell Tommy." Arthur says. I shake my head "I'll heal up and be fine. He'll only worry. And cause a war we can't fight right now" John says "he'll have all of our heads if he finds out we kept it from him em" "if who finds out what?" Fuck. It's Tommy. Tommy takes in Ada and Polly who are tending to me still and he comes over making them step away. He grasps my chin "Emmy" he calls using the nickname he called me as a child. "Thomas" I reply with a smile. Taking him in. I take it business went well because he has no wounds and his knuckles aren't bloody.

He chuckles "call me Tommy darlin. Enough of tryin to distract me. Who the fuckdid this to you eh?" I reply as I have before "the other guy looks worse" "if he's still breathing he's not worse sweetheart talk to me. Who the hell did this to you?" He replies taking over tending to my wounds. "You gonna tell me who did this to you or what?" He adds after a bit. "Don't worry about it Thomas" I wave him off.

"Don't worry about it? Emma you're bleeding all over my kitchen. You're one of us. And someone fuckin did this to you. And I want a name. And I want it now. Did you have your gun or knife with you?" He asks. His eyes demanding. "You took them after I killed the last fucker who tried to send a message" I tell him. He clenched his jaw "I told John to give them back yesterday." Looking to John and John curses "shit came up and I forgot sorry lass" he huffs "you still didn't answer me Em. I'll go out there and kill everyone until I find out who laid their hands on you"

Pointing at the door. I tell him "I'm fine Thomas sit down" he snaps "this isn't fine!" He stops and tells the rest of the family "leave us" they do and he makes me look at him "who did this?" He continues "and don't tell me you handled it. Don't tell me you're fine. You're not fine. You're coughing blood. If you don't tell me, I'll find out. Whoever did this is gonna pay either way Emmy. You're in pain. And don't tell me you're not. You're clutching your side. Wincing every two bloody seconds. Look at me" I look into his piercing blue eyes with my own.

"You're a Peaky blinder. You're one of us. And you're my best friend. Mine. Aye look at me" he says. I do once again "you're mine. I swore to you and your father I'd take care of ya and kill those who would harm ya" "I'm-" he cuts me off "you're not okay. God, look at ya. Bloody as hell. Let me take care of ya and whoever put their hands on ya. Everyone should know better" I stroke his face gently and kiss him "just patch me up Thomas" coughing more blood. He wipes my mouth clean with a handkerchief "who did this to you Emmy. I'll shoot everyone in sight until I find him if you don't. I don't care who it is. I'll bloody do it. So everyone truly learns not to harm you"

I reply "Patrick." He asks "Waters?" I nod. He starts cleaning my wounds once more "what happened?" "The thought me to be the weak link of us blinders. Got the jump on me. Didn't last long. I handled it." He shakes his head "leaving that fucker breathing isn't handling it. What did he say?" I hiss when he a cut stings more than the others he mutters "sorry love" Tommy and I have been fooling around for months now. Not putting a label on it, and not letting it get between business. I reply "he was pissed he couldn't have me. Because it meant no business with you. So....he tried. Failed, and i left him in an alley" anger builds more in him. "Im gonna kill him" he mutters.

I shake my head "you can't" "the bloody hell do you mean I can't?! He attacked you! If you couldn't fight, or got tired, couldn't get away, he'd have raped you. This will not go unpunished" he snaps. I tell him "it'll mean a war we can't afford Tommy" he replies "there's more of us then there are them. If they're smart it won't come to a war they'll just hand him over and I can show him what happens to people who touch you" "this is the first time" I lie confused. He chuckles "you really think I didn't know about those other stupid fucks who tried it with you? Why do you think they're missing love?look at me. No one will ever touch you again" I chuckle "you can't promise that in this line of work T." He replies "I can and bloody will. There ya go all patched up" and I spit more blood and he replies "gonna take you to the hospital you're bleeding internally" I say "my ribs are broken. I'll live" "not if you're bleeding inside" he tells me and says "let's go." Leaving no room for argument with him.