"What the hell are you sayin' now, Derrick?" Ashley asks. I'm very curious, too, "You want her to break up with her boyfriend just to go do this movie?"

"I would." he says, "You only get to be young once. If you agree to do this, you're bound to cheat on him, anyways, it's the nature of the beast. So save him some heartache and ditch the ball n chain now."

"How dare you!" I say, "Donny is not my ball n chain, he's the love of my life! And if you think I'm going to cheat on him or leave him so I can have some temporary fun with some Hollywood meatheads!"

"It's up to you," he says, "but I need an answer here and now; I return to LA tomorrow and I've got two other tickets. This will be your only opportunity; no other studio can legally do this movie. And if the answer's yes, I'm going to need to sign a contract. And before you say anything I already spoke with your press secretary, Larry, and he's fully on board and he's even coming, too, he's the other ticket, in case you want to bring your boyfriend up again."

"You should really think about this girl," warns Ashley, "he's basically strong-armin' you to choose between Donny and this movie."

I take afew minutes to think about it. He makes some good points. Donny seemed like he was on the fence about our relationship anyways. It has been nice getting all that male attention after watching Donny get all this female attention since I met him. Do I really want to do this? Maybe, we don't have to break up, maybe we can just take a break, so he can make up his mind. This could be the next step in my artistic career? Donny will surely understand, won't he?

"Derrick?" I say, "When do we leave, again?"

Later that night

Donny-

Kenny and Chad's given me a lot to think about and though I haven't thought about how or when yet or even if; but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I keep my mom's old things in Kenny and Gina's basement at their house. I get something that means a lot to me; something I thought I'd never want to give to anyone but Linnie's exceptionally special; my mom would love her and insist I give this to her. But if I do this which, let's face it, I probably will but I have to figure the most perfect way to do it. This is Linnie after all.

I'm on my way back to our department when I hear someone calling my name

"Donny!?" it's Linnie, I thought she'd be home already. What in the world could Ashley be talking with her about for so long?"

"Gorgeous!" I shout, we're in the middle of the street, "What are you doing out so late? Did Ashley ask you to build her an Armoire or something?" I joke

"I could ask you the same thing, Donny." She says. What happened to 'Sexy-Boy'? "What's in the box?" She noticed the box I got from Kenny's house that belonged to my mother

"Nevermind what's in the box, Brad Pitt," I say, "so what's going on?"

"Ooh, this is going to be tougher than I thought." she says hesitantly.

"What are you talking about?" I say with a grin but she looks real serious.

"Okay," she says taking a deep breath, "I don't know how else to say this so I'm just going to."

"Say what?" I say, now I'm feeling a little nervous

"Ashley's son Derrick is here," she begins, "he's a big Hollywood wheeler and dealer and he offered me a consulting position for a movie there making about my video."

"You mean our video." I correct, "You get these offers all the time and you turned them down. That's what you did here, right? That's what kept you there for so long? He was pushing you on it and you had to let out that ol' Linnie stubborn sternness, right?" She shakes her head guiltily. I already don't like where this is going.