|14|: Rumour/افواہ

Comenzar desde el principio

"Have you heard about the rumour?"

Her eyebrows further drew together and the girl before her huffed like she was living under a rock. She watched that girl as she took out her cell phone and shoved it in her face. Safa read the article with shaking hands

"The romance between the eligible billionaire and mystery girl seems to be skyrocketing as Subhan Durrani was seen at his lovers home. Looks like the couple were discussing private matters or who knows he wanted to comfort her."

There was a picture of him from the day he came to her house. Someone was aware of her residence. Her face was blurred. She was thankful of that, but anyone who knows her would know that she is the girl in the picture. Just when she thought this matter won't complicate further, it did. The monsters broke their chains and stood in front of her. Grinning at her like she was the dumbest fool in the entire world. But what scared Safa more was that she knew that they have won.

That she has lost the battle against those monsters.
~~~~~~~~

"How is this article still floating around?"

Subhan roared at his tech team. They had one job and they still couldn't done it properly. The poor employees were scared of his wrath. It was the first time they have seen their new boss angry. He wasn't prone on solving matters with anger, but he has limits. Which were crossed by whoever the hell is spreading fake news about him and Safa. How the media is portraying both of them is insulting. Cheap. Oh how much he wants to strangle the person who dare to raise a finger on his honour.

"I want this article removed in an hour. An hour not a minute more than that."

The tech team nodded their heads and started their work. He left the office and closed the door with a loud bang. He took out his phone and opened his contacts list. His fingers linger over the name Phoenix. He was desperate to call her. To know about her well being. She must be so shaken up from all this internet drama. Nevertheless, he didn't call her. For some reason he stopped.

Opening the door to his office he found his father waiting for him sitting at one the chairs. He cleared his throat and greeted him. Owais turned in his chair and said

"We need to talk." Subhan nodded. He knew what his father has to talk about. It was a mess. He sat down and said

"It's not true baba. Whatever the hell they put on the internet."

He didn't hear anything from his father. He just sat there. Not moving just observing.

"How did this happen?" He heard his father ask. Subhan sighed and shook his head.

"I don't know."
"Who is this girl?" Owais asked. Subhan was taken aback. Should he tell his father? What will be his reaction?

Owais arched his brows at him demanding an answer. Seeing no way out, Subhan disclosed

"I received a letter from Bhai. I mean his lawyer."  Owais leaned in close.

"He wrote about this girl he saved months ago. You know he was always taking care of others. Helping others. You know his social working habit." Subhan said to his father.

"He told me to take care of that girl in that letter. He give that responsibility to me. An Emanet."

He sighed after completing. Owais drew in close and asked

"Why didn't he put her in the women's shelter like everyone else?"

Subhan shrugged. He didn't know that information too. And he never tried to find about that. His brother was a man of powerful decisions. He must have taken this decision for some reason.

"Whatever that reason be, we have a bigger crisis at hand. This will badly affect your reputation."

Subhan grimaced. Of course, he was worried about that. He just signed a very important deal and now there are rumours about him of having an affair. But why now? Why not before? The deal with Mr. Waleed will be the cause of his striving future and now he was labeled as a playboy. Is this some kind of a conspiracy? Is someone planning to bring him down?

He came out of his thoughts when he heard his father say

"We need to find a solution as soon as possible. This could be disastrous for all of us."

Subhan nodded. But something nudged him that this was just the beginning. There were bigger problems coming his way. Maybe he was being paranoid. But what if he's right? Is there really someone out there to destroy him? Hiding in the shadows?

Only time will tell.
••••••••••

Salaam everyone
A short update.
Enjoy.
Vote comment and share.
Till then, Allah Hafiz.