CHAPTER 12

I squirmed my eyes shut just as I opened them a teeny weeny bit. Bright light blinded me and I groaned in frustration. I don't remember pulling up the blinds last night and I always made sure that they were secured tight. Was I drunk again last night? The comfort felt oddly familiar, wrapped around me in a cocoon and even the mattress felt a little too soft than my medicated one.

I adjusted my eyes and slowly fluttered them open, only to stare at an unknown ceiling that was painted a light brown. The last time I remember, my ceiling was painted in beige and didn't have the intricate designs that this one seems to have. For just a split second, I was terrified that I might see another sleeping form next to me, but luckily, the large double lacked any other human other than me. I pinched the bridge of my nose, as I didn't get the familiar headache after a wild night and I even felt rested enough. Right then, memories came rushing back and I gasped, jumping up and sitting on the bed, the cotton filled sheet polling around my lap. Megamind, award function, Mr. Gregg, Kevin, Chopper, Darkness. I fainted because of that stupid dress.

I stared down at my black velvet dress, but instead found a plain t shirt that I noted was a woman's and I raised the comforter to check my pants which were shorts that reached the middle of my thing. Both were of a woman. Suddenly, I had this crazy thought that it belonged to Megamind's girlfriend. If that was the case, I am glad she didn't kill me in the sleep.

I glanced around my bedroom, which turned out to be so tidy and arranged. My phone was plugged into a charger on the bed side table and there was a pitcher of water close to it. The room was large but adequately furnished. A queen sized bed in the middle with two bedside tables on either side. A vanity table and chair next to the door and a built in wardrobe adjacent to it. One side of the wall was completely made of glass, which explains the bright sunlight even though only half of it was uncovered by the large black silk curtains. I noticed another door to my left and assumed it was an attached bathroom. This was definitely a guest room.

I scurried out of the comforter, folding it in the process and neatly tucking it at the end of the bed before walking over to the window. I was met with endless greenery as a large properly maintained garden extended till my eyes could reach and there inter locked pathways in between. The sprinklers were open and I could see water falling out everywhere, the sight contrary to the medium sized lawn and other residences I see everyday. It felt straight out of a period drama. I wouldn't even be surprised if a large rabbit wearing blue coat and spectacles with a pocket watch hanging from his hint legs hop out of the bush and flips me a finger. It was aesthetic.

Three firm knocks on my door made me whirl back and I wiped away my dried drool from either side of my mouth before giving the other person permission to get in. A middle aged woman, who looked older than my mother, sauntered in, carrying a silver tray that had two towels and a change of clothes. She had her head draped in a scarf and not a single hair was seen outside.

"Good morning, Miss. I assume you want to freshen up."

I waved at her awkwardly and watched her placing the tray on the vanity table.

"Good morning. Thank you. You changed me yesterday?"

I asked, somehow already knowing the answer. She looked like the housekeeper around here and has been here for a very long time.

"Yes Miss. The clothes belong to my grandchild. I hope you didn't mind."

I shook my head instantly, hoping I didn't sound rude.

"Of course not. In fact I am really grateful for your help. I am a heavy sleeper and must have been difficult to handle me."

She walked next to the bed and smiled at me politely.