Prologue

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are either products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
...............

Hey all....

For your kind information, this story should not be imitated or rewritten in any other language. It is prohibited and the person will be subjected to the law. This book is the hard work of a person and please respect the struggle.

If anyone spots this novel on any other site, please have the mind to report it. This is a request.

Thank you.
Have a good read.

PS: Do check out my other novels, 'Stuck With My Vampire Mate' and 'Better Not Be Love', if you are interested.

.................................

The Second Book of 'The Celebrity' Series
# Better Not Be Love
# What Else If Not Love?

It was certain that Maeve Sapphira Harper's world would never be the same again. She was aware that no one could ever fill the emptiness left by Aiden's death. They were perfect for each other, and Aiden was the perfect human she had ever seen. He helped shape her into the well-known singer and songwriter she is today—the playgirl of the music business. However, what they didn't know was how broken she was. The bright smile she always put on her lips seldom came from her heart.

Her existence continued to be mediocre until she made the biggest mistake of her life. Meave can only recall having a one-night fling with an unknown person. And then her life was suddenly free of gloomy days. In fact, Meave should actually get ready for a rollercoaster of a ride where she will suddenly be responsible for the security of the entire world. What is the price she must pay for that? She herself.

.........

The world knows him as Mega Mind, the most dreaded hacker of all. He is the puppeteer, and all the powerful individuals are his puppets. That is, until she took his strings.

.................

"We have Miss Meave ... Harper here and you don't want me to introduce her. After all, she is a celebrity."

There was a dramatic pause; probably he was waiting for the viewers to get a good look at me and recognise me, if at all they do know me. Otherwise, I can imagine some father watching the news and shouting at his child, asking who the crazy bitch was. Shit, if I had known this was going to be telecasted, I would have put on some makeup and taken care of my attire. All I am wearing is a plain black shirt and my beige pants could not even be seen.

"As for why we are here, the answer is simple. Your government has failed you."

There was another pause and this time there was palpable tension in the room. I am sure even some of the politicians were silently bidding farewell to their political careers. He was going to expose everyone.

"I can't tell you how and why, but right now they are at my mercy, begging me to protect them and save them."

I hated myself for thinking that he did have a point. I wouldn't have been here otherwise. They were completely under his mercy.

"In order to prevent the cyber war that can be launched by parties, I am unwilling to disclose that all the governments around the world have gathered together to find a solution... which happens to be me. And I can help them, but only if this woman marries me."

.........................

Don't forget to vote and comment...