Chapter 30

A few weeks passed after Jack died. I'm thankful that he's not longer suffering, and that I have moved on. I had more important things to worry about. Right now my top priority was my babies. I wasn't going to let them die. No matter what. I had gone to my doctor visits very often and so far everything was going well. One morning I woke up to a loud scream. I immediately woke up and ran downstairs to Kayla and Jordan. "Help her! What's happening??"" Kayla asked me worried. "We all need to calm down. She's going into labor." I replied calmly. Ethan walked down then. "What going on?" He asked "Jordan is going into labor." I explained to him. "Okay let's get her to a hospital." He picked her up and held her in a baby position and brought her out to the car. I sat down and he laid her head on my lap so she can bend her legs and spread them out. She had her first contraction in the car, and 2nd once we arrived. Then he carried her up stairs and we got her to a room. The doctor hooked her up to all the medical supplies and got her in position. He measured the opening and told her that she was ready to start pushing. "Would you like them to stay or leave?" She paused. "Ethan can you stay?" She asked. All of us surprised. "Are you sure?" He asked back. She nodded. "These are your kids too" he agreed and we all stepped out. 30 minutes and a lot of screaming later.... The nurse came out and invited us in. I squeezed Kaylas hand to insure her it would be okay. I could tell she was very worried and panicky. She ran in and kissed Jordan and looked at the two beautiful babies. She was holding one and so was Ethan. He looked so happy and I couldn't wait til I had my kids... If they even came, and if he even makes it til then... "do you girls have names for them?" They smiled. "Yes. We let Ethan pick a name and we decided to pick one together." I smiled at them and I was glad Ethan got to name one he needed to. "I named one Spencer. Spencer Augustus." I smiled at him. "That's such a cute name honey." He smiled and looked down at baby spencer. "we decided to name this one after Jack. Jack Austin." That broke my heart. "Thank you." I said tearing up. "That means a lot. You two mean a lot to my family and I'm glad yall moved in." I told them. "If it wasn't for you guys we wouldn't be in this amazing position right now so thank you!" They said to me. The doctor walked in. "everything seems to be just fine! This little boy is 6.8 ounces. Teeny tiny. And this one is 10.3. Quit a chunky little man." We all laughed. All seems well. Your mammary glands are perfect, and everything is going well inside as well. I was kinda worried about you but everything has turned out well!" We all smiled and we're happy for her. Then all of the sudden my kids were going crazy and sharp pains were going off in my belly. I fell on the floor in pain screaming. They were all trying to help me and brought me to a bed. They injected some type of medicine that knocked me out. Once I woke up Ethan was around me smiling. "Hi babe." I said. "Hey love." He replied. "Where am I?" I asked. "Log story but the babies were having complications. But for now they are fine. Good news. You were right. One of them are a boy! The oldest one is. They arnt sure about the younger one yet." I smiled and leaned up to kiss him. "I love you no matter what. You know that?" He frowned and smiled but didn't say anything. Then the nurse walked in. "alright so unfortunately we have terrible news. I hate to say this but we don't think that the younger baby will make it." My eyes filled with tears. I need to accept the fact that it was going to happen. I looked at Ethan as he looked at me with sad eyes. Is there anything we can do?" She frowned as she was looking at the ultra sounds. "It doesn't look like it. If you see the baby is in the corner and has a rare case where she's not hooked up to an umbilical cord. There's a tube that is providing the things the cord is supposed to but once the delivery happens the baby will die instantly. We have looked into maybe attaching one to the it but there isn't another in there. We still haven't figured out why but there is little hope for the baby." My heart sank into my chest. I grabbed Ethan's hand. "I would like to go home. I don't want to think of any of this." All the sudden Ethan stood up and threw the cart over and began screaming at the nurse. I jumped up and tried calming him down. He was furious finally I got in between then and tried soothing him and told the nurse to run I shoved him on the bed. "Ethan baby, calm down. It's okay, we can have as many kids as you want, we don't even know this ones gender and we weren't expecting it. Don't worry." I began kissing him and felt him calm down. "Let's leave alright?" He nodded and we walked out. "Go to the car I'll be right out." He did as he was told and I ran up to the nurse and apologized and explained he has strong anger issues. Thankfully she understood. We arrived at home and went down to the girls and the babies. Ethan was so happy. I was thankful that he had gotten her pregnant. It turned to be a good thing. We told them about the two babies out how i would most likely loose the youngest baby. A few weeks went by and i did in fact loose the baby. It was a girl.