Chapter 9: The Forest Begins to Move

Start from the beginning

"A masked Majin?" Kaijin finished his sentence as the word and memory alone made the young master's blood boil.

"It was a high-level majin. I'm certain of it." The red Ogre said with one hundred percent belief in what he saw.

"And you fought Great Rimuru because you had mistaken him for this masked majin." Rigurd finally had all the pieces put together as to how you and Rimuru met the Ogres.

"Yes." The red Ogre confirmed as Gobta ate another bite from his skewer.

"So...what does all this mean?" Gobta asked, not really understanding the whole situation in front of him.

"That the Orcs have sided with one of the Demon Lords, possibly?" Rigur interjected his assumption into the conversation.

"I see...I guess?" Gobta said as he kind of did, and kind of didn't understand anything at all.

"A Demon Lord, huh?" Kaijin said with an ominous and worrisome tone.

"But what a Demon Lord?" Rigurd brought up another question of importance.

"I don't know. The only thing I'm sure of is that only six of my three hundred brethren remain alive." The red Ogre said in frustration and sadness.

"I see. No wonder you're upset." Rimuru's voice caught their attention as they turned to see you and him heading over to them.

"Have you had enough meat, Rimuru? Y/N?" The red Ogre said in amusement of yours and Rimuru's actions earlier.

"I'm taking a break." Rimuru said with his hands behind the back of his head.

"Not really, I'm just obligated to be here right now..." You said your true feelings as Rimuru bonked you on the head, making you mewl in shock and sadness as you laid on the ground and he got off to lean against you.

"Your little sister's really something." Rimuru said as the Ogre was confused by what he meant as the two of them looked over to the pink-haired Ogre princess who was being fawned over by the goblins. "She knows a lot about medicinal and cooking herbs. The Goblins took to her immediately." Rimuru said as they enjoyed the sight of the princess getting along with everyone.

"She was a sheltered child. She must be happy that they're relying on her." The red Ogre said as Rimuru turned back to him.

"So, what are you guys going to do now?" Rimuru asked him.

"What do you mean?" The young master asked in confusion.

"I mean your plans for the future. Whether you rebuild your village or relocate to another area, the fate of your comrades is depending on your leadership, right?" Rimuru asked as this question seemed to fall deep in your mind as well as you looked over to see Mai struggling but laughing as she was flapping her wings in an attempt to dance and twirling around with the busty purple-haired Ogre beauty.

"That's easy." The red Ogre said as you looked over to him to see if you also could get answer for this question. "We will build our strength and take them on again." He said with determination and fierce intent.

"Do you know where to find them?" Rimuru asked, making the red Ogre tense up in realization before remaining silent in slight embarrassment as he took a swig from his mug. "He doesn't have a plan at all." You and Rimuru both thought while glancing at each other nervously over the red Ogre's reaction. "Well, I have a suggestion. Do you guys have any interest in being our subordinates?" Rimuru asked as the young Ogre master and the elder looked over to you two.

"Huh? Subordinates?" The red Ogre was surprised by this question as Rimuru began to pet your head as you just murmured lowly from your throat.

"Of course, all we can pay you is guaranteed food, shelter, and clothing. You need a home base, right?" Rimuru offered as this was quite the offer from someone they just met.