Chapter 9: The Forest Begins to Move

Começar do início

"Hey, wanna grab some more Bulldeer skewers?" You asked as Rimuru put down his drink.

"Later, we have something to discuss first." Rimuru said as he hopped onto your back and turned your head to the right. "Over there." He said as your head was turned to look over and see Rigurd, Rigur, and Kaijin speaking and eating with the red and elder Ogre, while the blue-haired Ogre was stood by a tree resting.

"Oh, right." Was all you said as you carried your partner on your back as he adjusted himself over and over on you.

"You know, the spines on your back make it kind of difficult to ride..." Rimuru said while managing to find a comfortable spot on your back.

"You can always turn back into your slime form." You said to him.

"Nah, I wanna savor the flavor of food and drinks as long as I can." Rimuru said as you just huffed in a slightly vexed tone and came into earshot of their conversation they were having on the side as Kaijin nearly spat his drink out in shock.

"The Orcs attacked the Ogres?! That can't be!" Kaijin said in disbelief as he looked to the red Ogre.

"It's the truth." The red Ogre said as Kaijin nervously looked to Rigurd and his son.

"Can such a thing really happen?" Kajin was looking for confirmation of such an event being possible.

"I don't know." Was all Rigurd could tell him as Gobta suddenly appeared behind him with a skewer and Bulldeer in his mouth.

"Is it that strange?" Gobta asked in confusion of how shocking this was.

"Gobta..." Rigur was surprised when his subordinate suddenly popped up out of no where.

"Of course it is. Ogres are immeasurably stronger than Orcs. That such a weak race would attack them is unthinkable." Kaijin said as the red Ogre next to him looked furious.

"Nevertheless, they did come." The young Ogre master said he remembered the attack on his home village and how it was burning to the ground. "They attacked our village out of noweher. They carried weapons and wore armor, and their overwhelming numbers filled the entire forest. Those detestable pigs...overran out village." He said as something confused Kaijin about that story.

"Orcs wearing armor?" Kaijin asked in surprise.

"Yes, the same type of full plate mail that Humans wear." The red Ogre confirmed the type of armor the Orcs had as Kaijin put his hand to his chin with a concerned look.

"That must mean..." Kaijin trailed off as Rigurd looked towards him with the same look on his face.

"It's likely the Orcs are not working alone." Rigurd said as Kaijin turned back towards Rigurd.

"Orcs could never round up all that valuable armor themselves." Kaijin reaffirmed this argurment as the red Ogre remembered the sight of an Orc officer standing beside a masked Majin.

"Exactly. Among them was..." The young Ogre master couldn't finish his sentence as his mind was filled with rage remembering the masked Majin he saw from that night.

" The young Ogre master couldn't finish his sentence as his mind was filled with rage remembering the masked Majin he saw from that night