Infusacourt

Hello! I'm so sorry I haven't updated this story in a while. I promise it should have a couple more parts/chapters by the end of this summer.

~Lexie

_______________________________________________________________

"In-fused court? What's that?"

Dr. Nightingale looked up from Natsu's chart at the slaphappy pinkette. The debilitated dragon slayer's head was inclined to the right as his obsidian eyes blinked rapidly. Gray was passed out on the chair across the room and Erza had gone to retrieve some awful tasting juice from the cafeteria to quench the ill boy's thirst. Happy was munching merrily on a fish oblivious to his surroundings. Only Lucy was paying any heed to the young doctor's words.

"Infusacourt? Isn't that the valve that is inserted into the body to get easy access to the vain?" Lucy inquired, her eyebrow perked up in question. Nightingale chuckled, smiling at the blonde's question.

"You really know your facts Miss Heartfilia. Yes, the Infusacourt is implanted into the patient's chest onto the vain. When the skin heals it provides easy access to the vain when we need to inject him with a needle"

The blonde contemplated for a moment before placing a hand on the still be withered dragon slayer. "Wouldn't that imply surgery then?" At this point Natsu's eyes had widened significantly as he swallowed a lump in his parched throat. Lucy noticed his anxiety and clutched his hand in comfort.

"Yes, it is a surgical procedure but the operation is minor. He should be out of the operating room within less than three hours at best" Nightingale concluded just as Erza stepped into the room.

"Surgery?" the reequip mage checked handing her ill friend his drink. Natsu gulped the acidic liquid down, smacking his lips when his cup was empty. The red head frowned crossly at Nightingale expectantly waiting for the doctor to fill her in on the details of this so called 'surgery'.

The young male cleared his throat before continuing on with his explanation.

"I believe the Infusacourt would be the best protocol to go with for now. It would be easier to inject chemo directly into his veins rather than poking up his arm"

The redhead nodded returning her piercing gaze onto the pinkette. His eyebrows furrowed as he grimaced to himself. Lucy shared a look with the reequip mage before placing a delicate hand on his hunched shoulder. Jerking her hand back the moment he flinched the dragon slayer grinned weakly at her as his gaze filled with rueful apology.

"Sorry Lucy, it just stings when you touch there" returning hiss attention towards the doctor he quirked an eyebrow "How much jewel will the surgery cost?"

Nightingale looked thoughtful for a moment. As the doctor estimated the total cost in his mind Lucy and Erza began an argument with the suborn dragon slayer.

"Natsu we don't care about the cost! Everyone in Fairy Tail is working extra hard to collect money so you can get better!"

"But it's expensive! None of us have any money for it"

"Since when have you been concerned with money?"

"Since I couldn't pay for anything because I'm too sick to go on jobs!" Natsu hollered "I'm a grown man and I have to be taken care of like a baby by the whole guild Lucy!" By now the blonde mage was silent.

"I'm a burden"