o19. what's going on with us?

IMESSAGE

audrey : best gilmore🤞
jack : champ💯

best gilmore🤞

champ💯
heyyyy audrey

is your sister okay

best gilmore🤞
is she not in ur house dumb
fuck

champ💯
she won't really talk to me
she leaves tomorrow and i'm
scared to ask

like

does she wanna break up
wirh me

best gilmore🤞
i don't know jack i'm sorry
i wish i could help

the best solution is asking
if she's okay

just let me know what happens
when you ask, okay?

made me all worried

champ💯
sorry auds ☹️

but thank you you're
the best gilmore

best gilmore🤞
always

you make maeve happy

have a good day champ

champ💯
you too gilmore

my auds

my auds
maeve

are you okay????

miss mae
uh yeah

y?

my auds
well no you're not

you never use y

or text me back this fast if
you're with jack

plus he had to ask ME if you
were okay

what's going on??

miss mae
fuck

ignore him texting you

i'm fine

fuck

i thought he didn't notice
audrey

my auds
mae?? what did he notice

miss mae
i'm doing the thing

absent parental figures
consequence thing

my auds
oh

fuck

well.

miss mae
yeah i don't even know
what to do audrey

cant fix it now

i'm a bit fucked

i have to go, he's coming
back from the gym and
i have a really bad feeling

my auds
i love you maeve

IN REAL LIFE

MAEVE WATCHED JACK WALK INTO his living room, throwing maeve a tight lipped smile before walking back into the kitchen. her stomach was doing flips, and not the good kind. she knew she was hurting not only him, but herself as well. this was the one good thing she's had in a long time, and she was fucking it up. there's no one to blame, but herself.

     she wrapped her arms around her legs as she curled into a ball, hoping the couch would swallow her whole. she felt the same sick feeling she had been all week, except by tenfold. it was going to be over, today. she could already see it in her head, how it was all going to turn out. one thing would lead to another, and maeve would book a plane back home in tears after locking herself in jacks bathroom.

     she'd go home, depressed, and blame herself. maybe she'd write music if she was up to it, but things always ended the same. he'd never come back to her, because she hurt him. she wasn't good enough for him, anyway, everyone knew that. it would be for the better, at least for jack. maeve had a sickening feeling this would hurt her for a long time, she wasn't sure if she'd ever heal. she'd miss him forever, she'd feel sorry forever.

    jack walked back from the kitchen, rushed to sit down next to maeve. it was like if he pretended everything was alright, he wouldn't have to ask. if he pretended maeve didn't look exhausted and almost done with him, it wasn't real. he wasn't stupid, she was going to do what she felt was right— and jack knew what that was. he was just hoping to put it off more.

      maeve noticed he didn't even try touching her, he even avoided sitting too close so their thighs would touch. she felt her heart break, more than it had in the past few days. she knew this was her fault, it always was, but she'd hoped this time would be different. her wish didn't work.

     jack broke the silence first, "do you wanna watch something?" maeve didn't dare look in this direction, his voice still so sweet even if she knew he was hurting. "whatever you wanna do, jack," she lifted her head off her knees, looking at jack.

his jaw was clenched, his leg was bouncing, and he was fidgeting. maeve couldn't decode if he was angry or anxious, she'd hoped it was the latter. jack looked over at her, meeting her eyes, "are you okay?" maeve bit the inside of her cheek, "yeah, i'm fine." she was lying, and she knew jack knew that. instead of bugging her, he looked back over at the tv, turning on some random tv show.

they watched in silence, maeve nearing insanity. jack was almost close to exploding, not of anger, but of anxiety. he decided to say something he knew he'd regret,

"what's going on with us?"

CLEM,
on that short chapter grind
it seems

the end is near :)

added after i realized i hit 2k reads...
ERM RHANK YOU?? ily all so much this story is my baby